Is it expected to have scratch-like marks and cuts after an IPL Photofacial? (Photo)

I had my first IPL Photofacial yesterday morning. By the end of the night I had dark scratlike marks all over my face and some cuts. I have looked at many side effect reviews but this does not seem normal. I am concerned to go back for my next treatment.

Marks on Skin Post IPL treatment

I would return to the office where you had treatment for evaluation and additional recommendations. These marks look like your settings were too high for your skin and caused burns. Be sure to avoid sun exposure and retinal products until areas heal and always seek treatment from licensed trained medical professionals.

IPL Scratch marks on face and Burns

this looks like IPL burns and needs the appropriate skin care to get improvement and prevent hyperpigmentation/scars.  You may need non ablative laser treatment, LED, and PRP.  Best, Dr. Emer.