When Lip Fillers Are Dissolved, What Will My Lips Look Like?

I'm thinking of getting lip fillers since my upper lip is quite thin and my lower lip is kind of uneven. I was wondering, will I be able to make my lower lip even and how will my lips look like after the effect of the filler is gone? Will they look the same as they did before getting fillers or will they be just a bit smaller than they were after getting fillers?

Fillers

They will go back to what they naturally where before doing the fillers. You should start out with maybe 1cc and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur

Lips fillers before and after

There are my different substances that can be used to "fill" the lip.  My recommendation to you would be to start with a HA (hyaluronic acid) filler.  Fortunately with HA lip fillers,  there exists the unbelievable ability to customize and "build" either your upper or lower lip as desired.  Just remember to clearly communicate your desires for your end result in a very detailed fashion with your treating physician.  I suggest taking a PRE photo and then both you and the treating physician reviewing the photo together.

The HA in the filler is slowly broken down by the body. Therefore, when the molecule has completely degraded, your lips will return to their original baseline size and shape.

Kimberly Eickhorst, MD
Danbury Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Fillers and Dissolving

When lip fillers dissolve they should return to your natural lip.  The effects of the fillers is temporary.  Be certain to consult an expert in lip injections for the best cosmetic results.