Does Volbella in tear troughs last 2-4 years?

I was told by my injector that Volbella would last 2-4 years and was the right product to fill fine lines around my eyes and tear troughs. It was a follow up treatment as I'd had Voluma injected into the crows feet and cheekbone area just over 2 years ago by another clinic and the product lasted very well. Is he correct ? Or has he used the wrong product ? I feel as though my eyes are now Super puffy and my jowls more prominent. Definitely not the effect I got 2 years ago...

Volbella results

Thank you for your question skeptical. Volbella is a hyaluronic acid filler designed to enhance the lips. It can also be used in other areas off-label. The pivotal studies demonstrated that most patients enjoy their results for approximately one week when injected in the lips. Such studies have not been performed in the tear trough area but I would estimate that patients would enjoy their results for 6-12 months.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Volbella results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Volbella

This hyaluronic acid filler should last about 12 months in most areas.  It would be considered off label in the tear trough area.  Voluma has a 24 month duration and Bellafill has the longest FDA approved indication at 5 years.

Volbella

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though all fillers vary in duration based on the location of placement, as well as the amount placed, Volbella is unlikely to last 2-4 years.  I would hazard 1-1.5 years.  If unhappy with your results, you can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase.  Hope thi helps.

I don't use volbella.   The duration of HA fillers depends on the location,   plain restylane in the lower lids last for a minimum of 2 years, which is what I tell patients,  and I have seen it go up to 4.  This is a consistent finding.

The advantage of HA fillers is that they can be dissolved with an enzyme called Hyaluronidase.  I would be cautious about using the latest generation of HA fillers from Allergan, they are formulated to not dissolve easily with that treating enzyme and you might be stuck with an irreguoarity that you can't get rid of.

Teartroughs

I prefer to use Teosyl Redensity II for the tear troughs as it is the only filler in Canada that is actually approved for this specific area. The product seems to last from 6-9 months on average. Volbella can last for up to 12 months.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Teartroughs

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

No

I always quote 12-18 months at most. Voluma, usually 18 -24 months but Volbella definitely not 2-4 years. 
All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

No

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia. 

Best fillers for tear troughs and duration

I would only use hyaluronic acid based fillers for the tear trough (they are reversible if need be), and my preference is for restylane or restylane fine lines as I think there is a bit less swelling and movement of the filler. Volbella is a good filler too, but not my preference. The tear trough fillers last the longest of any location on the face, and I promise most people at least 1 year, although many get longer (e.g. 2 years).

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon