Can dermal fillers be injected into the perpebmalar groove?

Can dermal fillers be injected into the perpebmalar groove? I have a semi-circle ridge under my eyes (from the infer eye, across the top of my cheek and up towards the outer corner of my eye). Surgeon said they can't be removed completely - why is this?

We routine use fillers to help the appearance of the malar area.

These are fussy services.  This is the first and best line treatment for most individuals.  The critical issue is finding an injector who actually knows what they are doing.  If you see someone who is uncomfortable with the treatment, to not insist that they do it.  Keep looking.  Yes there are surgical options but they are much more invasive and associated with complications. Chemical peels are another option for some.

Dermal fillers

Thank you for sharing your question.  Fillers like Restylane and Belotero are commonly used in the tear trough to improve the transition from the eyelids to the cheeks.  Sometimes, surgery with blepharoplasty and fat repositioning may be a better option.  Consider a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to discuss which treatment may be best for you.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon