Interested in micro-needling or clear and brilliant laser.... Which treatment has more dramatic results?

Hi, I am about to turn 30 and want to try either micro-needling or clear and brilliant laser. Which treatment has more dramatic results? My focus is to improve my skin's texture, reduce pore size, and treat fine lines and wrinkles..... Also how long do I have to stay out of the sun with these procedures? Thanks!

Microneeding/PRP, Clear+Brillinant - BEST IN COMBINATION

I find that microneedling with PRP works best in combination with Clear+Brilliant for aging, pore reduction, and wrinkles. I suggest staying out of direct sunlight for a minimum of 3 days, and meticulous sun and skin protection with SPF30 or above. 

Microneedling vs. Clear + Brilliant

Microneedling and Clear + Brilliant treatments can both be great introductory procedures for patients in your age group. Both procedures work by producing “micro-injuries” in the skin; the former through very fine needles, and the latter through laser energy. This action stimulates the body’s healing response and promotes collagen production. In terms of healing, you will want to avoid prolonged sun exposure with either procedure for up to a week.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to say which procedure you may benefit more from without an in-person evaluation. In addition, there are several other factors involved, such as how aggressive either treatment is performed, the type of topical involved (PRP, Vitamin C, growth factor serums, etc.), and how many treatments you will be able to complete.

For the most dramatic improvement, a combination of the two procedures would be ideal, however speaking very broadly, if your focus is texture/fine lines, you may want to go with microneedling; if tone/color is more of a concern, try Clear + Brilliant. Schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified Dermatologist who may steer you in the right direction. Best of luck!

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Micro-Needling vs. Clear and Brilliant

Both are great treatments. Clear and Brilliant is a laser skin rejuvenating system, where as Micro-Needling is a non-laser skin rejuvenating treatment that will target fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture, complexion, pore size etc. In my experience and opinion, I prefer Micro-Needling treatments over laser treatments, unless a patient has severe pigmentation issues they are looking to correct/address. Micro-Needling with PRP is the favored way to get your Micro-Needling treatment done as the plasma really increases the collagen production and your result. Down time with micro-needling is typically about 3 days. PRP allows for a faster recovery as it promotes healing. It is best to stay out of the direct sun for 24-48 hours after your treatment and to apply sun block throughout the day.