Is there any way to fix a wrinkle or indentation in my nipple that happened as a result of gynecomastia surgery? (photos)

I think it is due to something called skin redundancy but I'm not sure. The nipple comes out when I pinch it, when I exercise, and when it's cold but always goes back in. Would suction methods for inverted nipples such as the nipplette help? Are there any surgical procedures that could fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am about 1 year post-op.

Healing Concerns for the Areola after Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Nipple indentation

It is difficult to tell exactly what is going on through just the photos. The best way to come up with a solution to your concern would be by visiting your plastic surgeon so that you can be evaluated in person and he can come up with some options for you. One option can be fat grafting to this area to try and pop out the indentation. Wish you all the best!

Ankur Mehta MD

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos.  You should be seen in person by your operating surgeon to determine what, if anything, can be done to fix the indentation that you are noticing.  Fat grafting to this area could be of help.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Nipple Irregularities after Gynecomastia Surgery

It is hard to say what's going on with your nipple area without an exam in the office. There may be ways to rearrange the tissue underneath to restore volume and keep the nipple positioned correctly.