After care for dermarolling/microneedling.

I have a 1.0mm dermaroller. I used it for the first time today. Afterwards I applied Vit c w/hyaluronic acid, and also copper peptide w/EGF. Should I only be using one serum or the other? If so, which should I use? Thank You so much!

After care for micro-needling

Micro-needling creates micro-channels in the skin which enhance penetration of topical serums and medications which can dramatically increasing their effectiveness. Up to 80% of product can penetrate the skin compared to 7 to 10% with normal topical application. Therefore, it is very important that anything put on the skin after micro-needling has been tested to be safe to use after this procedure.

In my office, we use the ProCell Therapies system which combines motorized micro-needling with concentrated human growth factor serums made from human stem cells.

This serum is made specifically for this treatment. Our patients also use a growth factor serum at home after the office treatment.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Thanks for your query. The most important after care post Derma rolling is sun protection and moisturization. Vitamin c and hyaluronic acid helps in improving skin texture even more.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon