For canine replacement, are there any other options apart from dental implants? (Photo)

I had impacted canines removed and one of the baby canines left in place has now fallen. Is there any way to temporarily plant a tooth there without using implant? My teeth require brasis and due to a certain situation, I cant get them for a year. So in the mean time ive been told that implants are not an option. Is there any other solution as I just cant smile.

Canine tooth replacement

There are ways to temporarily replace your missing tooth.

1. Use of an essix appliance that would be used for esthetics only. It is not a device that will withstand eating.

2. A flipper partial  that can be used while eating.

When you do get your braces your orthodontist can put a temporary tooth on your wires to cover your space.

The flipper partial may be your most economical way to fulfilling your goals for the short term. Hope this helps.

Plano Dentist

Dental Implant alternative

Hi:

You have two options:

1.  Get a removable partial to cover the space. 

2.  Get a three unit bridge to cover the space.  If you are definitley contemplating getting an implant this choice is not very good since both adjacent teeth to your missing canine have to shaved down to place the bridge.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Other option besides dental implant while correcting bite

If you are anticipating getting braces to correct your bite or the space, it is best to wait and get the dental implant after treatment has been completed. Meanwhile, your dentist can provide you with a flipper, Essix appliance, or a tooth held by the braces (managed by the orthodontist) as an interim.

H. Ryan Kazemi, DMD
Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon