Do I Have Asymmetrical Gynecomastia? (photo)

This has been bothering me since I was 16 (20 now) I'm 5'11 tall and weight 132 lbs but my right side of the chest is not normal, I need advice!

Asymmetrical Gynecomastia

Left side looks normal, right side has gynecomastia. This is not unusual. 

Surgery should improve this. Liposuction will probably be offered, and if there is firm breast tissue under the nipple and areola, some direct excision may be suggested too.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.
Thank your for your question, best wishes.

Asymmetrical Gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Do I Have Asymmetrical Gynecomastia?

Based only on the posted photos you appear to have unilateral slight excess of fat/breast tissue on your right side. Liposuction will improve this. Seek some in person evaluations from boarded PSs 

Do I Have Asymmetrical Gynecomastia?

Asymmetric Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia or the development of female breast tissue is very common and can be asymmetric.  The best treatment is difficult without an examination.  The options include direct excision for glandular tissue, liposuction of fatty tissue, or a combination of both.  It wouldn’t surprise me if your plastic surgeon performs both.  You should also be seen by your primary care physician to determine if there is an underlying cause to your gynecomastia.

Asymmetric Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia

Unilateral gynecomastia is not uncommon, that is what you may have on the right side.

One need to examine the chest waal (ribs) make sure you have even rin convexity.

Then evaluate how much gland and how much fat there is. On that basis, a surgical plan can be planned.

Excision gynecomasia

liposuction

or the combination to get you as symmetrical as possible

Gynecomastia

Excision gynecomasia

liposuction

Gynecomsatia

Just like female breasts, men can have asymmetry too. Unilateral gynecomastia can be treated sometimes by liposuciton, excision  or a combination of the two.

Gynecomsatia

Right breast gynecomastia

from this picture it looks like you may have gynecomastia of your right breast.It is not uncommon and because of your body type it appears to be most likely glandular type which may require excision of the gland, 

Right breast gynecomastia

Asymmetrical Gynecomastia

It appears that you do have unilateral gynecomastia

It may be possible to correct it by liposuction alone .This will be determined at exam

Asymmetrical Gynecomastia

Asymetrical Gynecomastia

The majority of gynecomastia cases have some asymmetry . You do have an asymetric case of gynecomastia. Your asymmetry is a bit more than average.I do not have a good view of the left side but it is possible you only need a unilateral correction.

Asymetrical Gynecomastia

Male Breast Asymmetry

Breast #asymmetry is the condition when both breasts are not equal in size. In men, gynecomastia can include only one or both breasts. #Unilateral gynecomastia occurs when only one breast is larger due to gynecomastia, while the other breast is typically normal in both size and shape. #Bilateral asymmetry occurs when gynecomastia is present in both breasts, although each to a different degree. The amount of glandular tissue can affect the size, shape, and location on the chest wall of the enlarged area, the size of the areolas, and protrusion and diameter of the nipples.

Unequal or unilateral gynecomastia is not an uncommon condition. It is more significant when there are very noticeable differences between the two breasts. Usually, the degree of difference between the two breasts is not severe. Through a study of his patients, however, more than 80% of male breasts are not symmetrical, but the severity varies greatly from patient to patient. Patients should take this into consideration while examining their chests prior to surgery.

In addition to correcting the difference between breast sizes, the #areola often shrinks when #gynecomastia excision is performed. In more pronounced cases, the areola may even be larger. When the glandular tissue is removed, the areola #symmetry may improve.
The conditions that make up #asymmetry can often be corrected to some degree. It is very individual and varies for each patient. Every prospective surgical candidate should discuss this condition with an experienced plastic surgeon prior to surgery. The plastic surgeon’s role is to educate each individual patient as to the possible degree of improvement that can be realistically achieved in his particular case.

Male Breast Asymmetry

Asymmetric gynecomastia treatment with liposuction

Asymmetrical gynecomastia can be treated with selective liposuction to reduce glandular tissue on the breast.