Veneers with recessed gum? (photos)

I have recessed gum ( as the photo) doctors did not recomend a gum graft.. Are veneers right for me?

Porcelain veneers and Smile Makeover

Absolutely. Looking at the photo, the recession is well within the range that allows a highly skilled cosmetic dentist to cover these receding gum areas. Veneers can be done. Judging the photo you also seem to have a little gummy smile which, by placing the veneers, can be reduced .  It has to be done correctly,  the dentist also can also reduce the Incisal length of the veneers by the same amount the veneers are lengthened towards the gum, thus overall not changing the length of the teeth.But the bottom line is judging your photo , it is not only very possible to place veneers, it will be actually a very beautiful result.

Veneers without a gum graft .... #DrSarahThompson

You have two options:Option #1:  Get veneers without a gum graft.  Your teeth will appear a tad bit longer at the top, but if you do not have a very gummy smile, then it will not matter much.  I think veneers alone may work great in you case. Option #2:  You could get a gum graft, then veneers, but I don't think your gums are that bad.  However, I am not able to see whether you have a gummy smile or not.  I hope this helps.  Follow me on RealSelf if you have more questions.

Recessed gums

hi:) Your first step is to find out WHY you have recessed gums. If you just move forward with veneers or any other option, it will come back. Once you and your dentist figure this out, then I would recommend minimally invasive Lumineers or bonding that DOES NOT go under the gums. Also check out pinhole gum rejuvenation instead of grafting. Hope this helps

Stacey Layman, DDS
Glendale Dentist