Can I get porcelain veneers that look like my natural teeth?

I got porcelain teeth 1 yr ago because I had broken lateral incisors. Nothing was wrong with my central incisors, but my dentist filed them down and placed veneers on them.I liked the shape of my natural central incisors and I'm not liking how my veneers look.They changed my smile and how my face looks.They're more yellow than my natural teeth. My natural teeth were longer and protruded a little. My veneers look boxy and short. Can I replace my veneers with ones that look like my natural teeth?

Replacing Veneers

You can absolutely have veneers done that look natural and that you love!  Take some photos to your dentist of your old teeth, and let him/her know that you want them changed to look like your natural teeth.  You can also see another dentist to have this done.  My suggestion is to make sure you do all your research, and choose a dentist that is highly experienced in cosmetic dentistry.  Veneers should look natural, like they grew out of head.  And you should be completely happy with them.  It can be difficult to create a beautiful, natural looking smile if you are not experienced in doing this.  Make sure you find someone you trust, and look at a lot of before and after photos.

Newport Beach Dentist

Do you have a picture (good picture) of how your teeth were?   If you bring this a cosmetic dentist you he should be able to do a "diagnostic wax-up".  Basically you can 'design' your smile and ensure it's what you want (like natural teeth) before proceeding with the procedure.  I hope this makes sense.

Natural with careful planning

I am relatively sure that you can get new veneers that you will be happy with.  Did you look over pictures of cases your dentist had done before you began treatment so you could evaluate and discuss your desires?  I always take pre-operative models and photos of every cosmetic dental case so that I can communicate with my patient and Lab technician before any work is performed on the teeth.  Pre-op models allow the lab to make the new veneers exactly sized and shaped like the teeth were if the patient liked their previous shape.Cosmetic Dentistry should not be rushed! It needs to be carefully planned with much discussion and sharing of information to get that great result.  If your dentist does not do these things, there are many who do who could help you get the smile you desire.

Porcelain #veneers to look like natural teeth #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your veneers. The best advice I can give is to speak with your dentist about your concerns.  If you opt to have your veneers replaced, be sure that okay the shape and shade of your new veneers before having them permanently cemented. Be specific about what you want for your new veneers. Veneers come in all shapes, sizes and shades, so it's important that you and your dentist discuss your expectations beforehand. The best indicator to determine if the dentist is going to give you the results that he/she claims, is by viewing before and after photos of his/her patients that have undergone similar or the same procedures. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100