Panniculectomy, an extended abdominoplasty and breast lift. Are these results normal? (Photo)

After losing 140lbs with lap-band, I had a panniculectomy, an extended abdominoplasty and breast lift in Feb. 2015. After surgery I have these little fat pouches hanging on the front side of my stomach hanging, my stomach splits in the middle, skin still a little lose and I have a large FUPA. I wore my abdominal wrap as instructed. I was told these things were due to swelling and it was normal, but it will be a year next month. only weigh change + or – 5lbs. Are these results normal?

Hanging skin after panniculectomy and extended abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question. Without seeing your before pictures, it's difficult to tell how much skin excess you had, and what surgery may have been the most appropriate. It appears as though you still have excess skin in your mid-abdomen, and excess skin and fat in your mid and lower abdomen. If you are truly unsatisfied, I would suggest returning to your plastic surgeon for an evaluation. You would likely benefit from additional skin excision and liposuction. Your results may have also changed given any additional weight loss. But yes, your results can be improved upon. Best of luck! 

Results after one year

I would recommend contacting your surgeon again. If you are going on a year and still have hanging skin, then this is something they should be able to address for you.  The best thing would be for an in person evaluation to determine what is needed and how to proceed. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon