Webbing and puckering on both outer edges of eyes following bleproplasty? (Photos)

I had both upper and lower surgery18 months ago and have been left with puckering on the outer edge of my eyes due to tight stitching and webbing which occurs when I move my eyes causing distortion to my eyes.Surgeon says there is no correction he doesn't know what has happened! I am devastated and would like an explanation as to what has happened and if anything can be done to correct / lesson the impact of terrible surgery

Webbing

This occurs mostly in people who have very thin skin as you do.  You may need to do a small revision to cut the bands causing the webbing.  Some laser resurfacing can also help to flatten out the area.   

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Webbing and puckering after blepharoplasty

The webbing is most evident when in the photos when you are raising your eyebrows. I would suggest considering a modest direct lateral brow lift which would take up some of the puckering, and a small Z-plasty at the location of the webbing. This would redistribute the skin so that both the puckering and the webbing are resolved. Fractional ablative CO2 laser is an option for the wrinkling in the periocular area. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid scar revision surgery possible

You can have eyelid scar revision to correct or improve the canthal webs you are describing. See an experienced cosmetic oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Webbing and Puckering

I'm sorry that you have had this complication after upper and lower blepharoplasty.  It usually occurs when the upper and lower incisions are placed too close together, causing the skin to heal properly.  It can sometimes be a tough condition to fix while maintaining a cosmetic result.  Please see an oculoplastic surgeon (eyelid specialist) to address your concerns.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Webbing and puckering following blepharoplasty.

Puckering the patient describes appears to be due to the normal anatomy of the orbicularis muscle and skin. This is completely normal and can be improved by Botox and/or laser. The webbing which occurs with extreme elevation of the eyebrow is due to scarring and shortening of the skin. This may be improved with injections or other means but after 18 months it is unlikely to change very much. Mechanical stretching of the skin over a long period of time may help. It is important to realize however that as we age there as a tendency for the lower eyelid to sag and cause exposure problems. There is a fine balance between too much and too little tightening. The webbing the patient demonstrates may be helpful in preventing the sagging.

Richard O. Gregory, MD

Easy correction

there is an easy correction called a jumping man flap or even a z plasty to loosen the tight band across your eye. It is a local anaesthetic procedure and takes 10 mins per eye. 

Ask someone who knows about this technique and they will happy to treat you. 

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin