I am 180 cm and 92 Kg. Should I wait for dropping a few kg more for coolsculpting? (photos)

I did not know we were able to attach photos here. Thanks for the Dr's and surgeons for the information. My photos are not attached. I am 180 cm and 92 Kg. Should I wait for dropping a few kg more for coolsculpting? I am already losing weight. The main reason I do coolsculpting is what if I again return to 130 Kg. My belly was 3 times larger than normal and health problems arose such as insulin resistance etc. I am planning to have more than 3 coolsculpting.

Coolsculpting--now or later

Coolsculpting is ideally done when you are at or near your goal weight.  Though it kills fat cells in the treated area, it will not render you immune from weight gain. You will have your best results if you are at or near your goal but even at your current weight, you would see some improvement to your lower abdomen.  Many patients use Coolsculpting as a spring board to weight loss and inspiring further change.  Deep, visceral fat, can not be addressed with Coolsculpting.  That will need to be addressed with further exercise and weight loss.    

I am 180 cm and 92 Kg. Should I wait for dropping a few kg more for coolsculpting?

Thank you for your question. We normally recommend for patients to be close to their ideal weight for the best results. If you are interested in CoolSculpting, I would recommend visiting a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a candidate. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

Cool sculpting is great for reducing the subcutaneous fat. The visceral fat around your organs can be reduced by exercise and healthy diet.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD