2 months: No coolsculpting results?

8 weeks ago I got coolsculpting done on abdomen, 3 weeks ago I had another session. There have been no results, my weight is the same and my tummy measures larger. I was told I should see results within at least a month :/ I paid upfront for 6 sessions, so I've had 2 and have 4 more. I am an ideal candidate and have the ideal amount of fat. I had zero bruising, zero pain, and no noticeable swelling? Are there any reasons it may not be working or there aren't any results?

90 day Results of CoolSculpting

I would recommend that you wait out the full 90 day period as that is how long it takes for one treatment to show any type of full results. Typically we recommend re-treatment in an area closer to 30-45 days and wait an additional 90 days out from that second treatment. It could be too soon for you to see the results. This is a much slower and gradual process of losing fat vs Lipsuction but it is well worth the wait as long as you are following the guidelines of diet and exercise to coincide with this type of procedure. If you still do not see results after 90 days of the second treatment I would go back to your doctor to see what your options will be. See how things look end of August.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Sessions without results yet

I would wait to see how your results will be. We wait 90 days for follow up photos and rarely retreat patients before that. I would not advise repeating on an area that you haven't given proper time to heal yet. good luck on your journey. In rare cases patient see minimal improvement despite being good candidates. Although the science and technology is there, it is not surgery and thus less predictable. 

No results?

In our practice we see our clients at 90 days following treatments. I would give it more time honestly and see how it goes at 90 days. Please follow up with your provider at that time and assuming you did before pictures you should compare your after photos at that time. Try to give it more time for now, I know that is difficult but not everyone sees a change that same for sure!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Our Experience with CoolScupting

We have been doing CoolSculpting in our Del Mar, CA office since 2009. On average it can take up to 6 months to see the full benefit, keep in mind everyone is different and some people respond faster than others. 
We have patients that come back in 2 months and have had a modest change, often not even photographic... others are thrilled by the way their clothes are fitting and the slimmer silhouette.
There are a few factors that come into play:
  • Your general health
  • Activity level and diet
  • how many cycles total you had vs. the amount of fat that was being treated
Discuss your concerns with your CoolScupting provider, It's important that they know how you are feeling and have the opportunity to discuss with you. I can assure you though, our patients are thrilled with CoolSculpting! 

Deborah Atkin, MD
Del Mar Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results

It takes at least 4 months to see the full results of the procedure so I would not be alarmed at 2 months if you do not see any results. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

There is no correlation between CoolSculpting and weight. Follow up with your provider and compare your before and after photos. There's not much information to further assist you with.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

At our office, we see our CoolSculpting patients at 90 days for a follow up.  The results can be seen at an earlier time, but could take up to 4 months to see full results.  It is a very gradual process, so it is best to be patient with the results before getting disheartened.  Also, this isn't a weight loss treatment, so it is normal for your weight to remain the same.  If your tummy is measuring larger, then you may have some swelling still since your last treatment.  Be patient and consult with your CoolSculpting Specialist to re-treat at the 90 days if you haven't reached your optimal results yet.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

2 months: No coolsculpting results?

Thank you for your question. It can sometimes take 3 months or longer to see the full results. If you are concerned, speak with your chosen provider. Ensure that you always speak with a physician experienced in CoolSculpting. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Hang in there

It takes ~ 4 weeks to start seeing a result from Coolsculpting with maximsl results seen at ~ 12 weeks (3 mos.). If a patient does not see a result by 8 weeks, then another treatment is in order. Each treatment should reduce the fat by up to ~ 20%. There are something like 1-2% who are considered 'non-responders', but in our clinic we've had good success. If you had your 2nd treatment only 3 weeks ago, then I would expect that you will start to see some results soon. If it's larger, you may still have some swelling.