Is there a certain technique to use to make the outer edges of the lip when getting filler to make them roll up?

I got lip injections because My top lip disappears at the corners. When I got the lip injections and stated that I wanted fuller lips in general. But her to focus on the edges so it actually looked like I had a lip because my lip disappears at the corners. The filler felt like its all in the inside of my lip and the edges didn't roll out up. Its not fuller at all on the edges. Did she put it in wrong?

Lip injection at the edges

hi miss
probably the choice of the filler is not correct in your case so that it does not stay enough at its place
and also your doctor must have been a little shy to do your way because many of them reluct to inject the edges, it is more pleasant to inject the middle or next to it
kind regards

France Plastic Surgeon

Injection technique

Technique is very important when injecting the lips, but at the same time a lot depends on the actual shape of your lip.  If you do not have the type of anatomy that will allow the Juvederm to plump the lip corners, there is not much the injector can do.  A common misconception is that you can just keep adding product until the lips gets bigger, this is not true.  The natural shape of your lip is what determines what we can do with the filler.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers

Proper injection technique is very important in fillers, especially if you wanted the lip to roll up.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green