Is half a vial of lip injections enough? (Photo)

I have pretty nice lips I just wanted them a but pouttier but not too much would half be enough for me or should I do a full?

Lip augmentation

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

You have great lip volume already, but if you really wanted to enhance I would recommend going with a small volume of a softer filler. No more than 0.5 cc of Restylane or Restylane Silk. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Fuller Lips

Hi Layla60282

Since you have such lovely lips anyway, I suggest you leave well alone.

You can of course get some filler injected and this would be need to be discussed with a PS to determine how much to put in.

All the best. 

1/2 Syringe to Full Lips

You have very nice full lips already.  However, if you do want them more "pouty", I would recommend a 1/2 syringe of Restylane.  That should be adequate.  Good luck!

Janet M. Neigel, MD
Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Subtle enhancement of lips

A subtle enhancement is all that you will need. This will likely be half a syringe but will ultimately be determined at the time of your injection. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fuller Lips NYC

You can definitely add just half of a syringe to your lips. In my experience you will benefit from a full syringe of the product.  You can start with half of a syringe and always add more to get the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip filler in full lips

I think your lips look great as of now. If you want them any fuller, certainly 1/2 a syringe would be more than adequate. The other 1/2 can be used elsewhere, like the NLF.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lips look great

In my opinion, I think you have great lips and probably would not recommend any filler. In general, most offices will not sell a 1/2 of a syringe. You can have a 1/2 of a syringe injected while the rest will be wasted.

Love your lips!

Sure. It is reasonable to request less than 1 syringe of filler into your lips when getting lip filler for the first time, or if you already have full lips. There might not, however, be much noticeable change with half of a vial, but you could always return for more if your lips aren't pouty enough. In my experience, patients typically utilize 1cc their first time using filler in their lips. About 65-70% of it goes into the upper lip, and about 30-35% into the lower lip. This gives a nice distribution without being overdone. If someone such as yourself wants to be conservative, we can use less in the lips and put any remainder to good use in the nasolabial folds or cheekbones, for example. Either way, your physician should work with you to achieve the results you are looking for. And avoid a physician who's staff appears overdone in the lip department. Best Regards, Dr. Randolph Capone

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Half a vial for lip injections

Yes, patients don't necessarily need to use the entire syringe or vial for lip injections. Some patients need or want just upper lip enhancement, or lower lip, etc. Plastic surgeons and dermatologist tailor treatments to the needs of each patient. That being said, on average most patients end up needing or using a full syringe or vial for lip injections.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

I appreciate your concern, you have a very pretty face, so I would recommend conservative lip augmentation with Hyaluronic Acid, like Juvederm plus. Half a syringe may not be enough though. Another option is fat transfer which is more permanent. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD