What is the success rate of PRP, where they inject your scalp with your blood plasma to stimulate growth?

I recently watched a video where a Dr was injecting a patients scalp with his own plasma. What is the success rate of that procedure ?

Success rate for PRP or any other treatment depends on what you are treating and understanding that there is no 100% cure.

Success rate for PRP or any other treatment depends on what you are treating and understanding that there is no 100% cure.  In other words, you have to have a diagnosis before seeking treatment options.  There is no permanent cure for genetic hair loss.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Blood plasma

Plasma  injection success has been under investigation  for several years. The results can be unpredictable.

Jack Fisher, MD

The success rate of PRP

The success rate of PRP depends largely on the cause of your hair loss and the system of PRP used. There at least 7+ types of PRP systems out there, and some work better than others for hair loss.  Using our system, the results of one woman is shown in the video (see the video).  PRP can be combined with other treatments for an even better result.

Best of luck from Manhattan.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

PRP for hair growth

PRP has become a very popular and almost commonplace treatment for hairloss in many different types of patients.  There are well done scientific studies with hair counts that show a significant increase in hair numbers.  Many of my patients have been happy with this treatment.  

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

PRP for Scalp Hair Growth

I have many photos on here of success using this procedure for hair growth.  However, you have to determine if you are a right candidate for this procedure by a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hair loss treatment

I appreciate your question.
PRP has good success depending on the reason and timing of the hair loss.
I have had it done myself

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz