Swelling 8 hours after lip filler. When will this go down? Is it normal?(Photo)

When will this go down? Is it normal? It doesnt hurt but its hot and feels a bit uncomfotrable.

Swelling after Lip Injections

It is completely normal to have swelling after lip injections.  I definitely would ice and massage the treated area.  If you are concerned you should contact your treating physician.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling after lip filler

Thanks for your question and photo. This is normal. Swelling can last for about 24 hours. It might be best to sleep with your head elevated.

German Newall, MD

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Swelling and bruising are very common side effects of facial fillers, especially in the lips. Swelling can last up to two weeks. Cold compress can help with discomfort. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS