I've had collagen injected in my lips, how can I remove it?

My bottom lip is really uneven, I injected collagen in my lips about 2 months ago, I thought it would get better by time but it's not, I can feel like it's hard on one side, I tried to message it so I could maybe make it even but it's no use, I'm really insecure about my lips now I really want my bottom lip to be even, I just need to remove some collagen on one side what should I do??

No quick fix for Collagen Fillers.

I’m sorry to hear you’re not happy with your treatment. Do you know what type of Collagen you had injected? Most collagen products only last 4-6 months, especially in an area with as much motion as the lips. Unfortunately, unlike a lot of fillers on the market that are composed of hyaluronic acid (HA), it can not be dissolved if the result is unsatisfactory or problematic. I would suggest that you wait it out and give it time to go away on it’s own. You can try massage, which may help smooth things out. Then once you’re back to a fresh slate you can try again with a board certified plastic surgeon and they would probably recommend a HA product over Collagen.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Collagen and Dissolving Lip Fillers

Collagen is not able to be dissolved from the body.  I suggest next time you seek an expert and have hyaluronic acid filled which can be dissolved.  I would just wait a few months now for it to dissolve. Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  Unfortunately collagen fillers can not be dissolved or removed like the hyaluronic acid family of fillers and I would recommend allowing time to pass for your current results to resolve.