Opinion - Staph A infection origination and it it have been prevented. Right implant was removed because of it. (photos)
Doctor Answers 1
Staph infection around breast implant
Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
- The explanations that you were given for what was going on were unusual.
- Is your surgeon a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?
- A opening on the incision after a breast augmentation is usually viewed as an infection until proved otherwise.
- Fluid draining from an implant incision is usually viewed as an infection until proved otherwise.
- Prednisone would not usually be prescribed.
- However, implant removal was exactly the right treatment.
- If your surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, I suggest you see one before having more surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.