Can I get my money back? (Photo)

Hi I had liposuction from a non certified surgeon and I was also suppose to get a skin tightening but since I don't like how the lipo went so now I'm asking for some of my money back is that possible

Wants money back after liposuction result

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry you opted to have surgery done by someone without standard qualifications.
  • That said, surgical fees are paid for the procedure, they are not contingent on the outcome.
  • Most surgeons will try to get a result with which the patient is happy -
  • But fee refunds are not usually offered unless it so states in the forms you signed before surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Refund

All doctors have their own policies for refunds and dissatisfaction, so I would check with that practice. However, I believe you might not get your money back. Another option is to ask if you can get a touch-up for discounted or free.  I always recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for future procedures.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Refund policy after liposuction should be established prior to the operation.

It sounds as though you are responsible for this regrettable process by choosing a less than fully qualified surgeon. In any event, policy for revision refunds should be worked out prior to the procedure. At this point I think you have no recourse.

Can i get my money back?

Each surgeon will usually have their own personal office policies with regard to finances. I would have a conversation with your operating  surgeon and explain your dissatisfaction with the results. Often a small touchup can go a long way. If that doesn't work, you may want to try a board-certified plastic surgeon who may have more experience in this regard. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Refund

Every physician has their own policy regarding refunds but most will not refund your money if you are unhappy with your results.  I suggest discussing this with your surgeon in person.  I always recommend seeing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for plastic surgery procedures.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Money Back After Surgery

Most consent forms for surgery explain that this procedure is elective, that results cannot be predicted and often if you are unhappy additional procedures and surgery may be needed at a cost to you.  with that said, you should be going to a board certified physician that is experienced and tries to get the best results for his patients.  If my patients were unhappy I would do what I could to get the best outcomes.  It is unfortunate for you but likely this will require you to see an expert who is board certified for a revision procedure, which would be out of pocket.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

Each surgeon has their own financial policy for how they handle situations like yours. Speak with your surgeon.

Can l get my money back from lipo I do not like?

From this one limited view photo, and no preop photo is hard to draw a conclusion to fully answer your question. It seems that your BMI is high and you might've had a debulking lipo procedure. How far out from surgery, was it done under local or sedation? All these can determine what your surgeon can or cannot do. All these issues and your concerns need to be discussed preoperatively so there would not be a misunderstanding after the procedure. That is why it is important to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon. If you knew that your surgeon is not a plastic surgeon, and you still went ahead with the procedure, then you have no recourse. Less than optimal outcome in a high BMI patient is more the norm than the exception. The only way you might be able to get your money back, if the surgeon advertised him/herself as a plastic surgeon and they are cosmetic surgeons. This is deceptive advertisement and you might be able to have some of your fees refunded. You may write to your attorney general about this. Good luck.

Can I get my money back?

You can always ask but very doubtful you will receive any positive responses. Sorry. Lesson learned is to use ONLY boarded Plastic Surgeons! 

Money back

Thank you for your question and you can always ask but in retrospect you should have done more homework and gotten evaluations from board certified plastic surgeons in your area prior to surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD