Had to have right implant removed after 2 months due to staph infection. Why does my scar look indented? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Scar and explantation
The slight indentation is from removing the implants. It is also very early in the healing process. Best of luck.
Breast doesn't look right after implant removed for infection
Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
- I am so sorry you lost an implant to infection.
- Your actual incision is where the crease is.
- You are seeing the effects of healing and inflammation after a Staph. infection.
- It will cause tissue to retract and can cause distortions but improves as tissues soften and heal.
- One cannot predict how this will look in the end.
- After any infection, tissues may look somewhat different for a while or at times, permanently.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.