Had to have right implant removed after 2 months due to staph infection. Why does my scar look indented? (Photo)

PS says it will look normal again after my new implant surgery in 3 months or so. It seems to me that because of the position of this scar (it looks almost diagonal) and is not actually in the fold that I will have an indented scar and yet and other issue. I was also told that after the explant surgery it will look just like it did before initial surgery and it does not. I don't feel the proper expectations are being set and I'm being set up for even more dissapointment. What do you think?

Scar and explantation

The slight indentation is from removing the implants. It is also very early in the healing process. Best of luck.

Breast doesn't look right after implant removed for infection

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I am so sorry you lost an implant to infection.
  • Your actual incision is where the crease is.
  • You are seeing the effects of healing and inflammation after a Staph. infection.
  • It will cause tissue to retract and can cause distortions but improves as tissues soften and heal.
  • One cannot predict how this will look in the end.
  • After any infection, tissues may look somewhat different for a while or at times, permanently.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS