Recovery Time for Bullhorn Lip Lift?

What is the recovery time for bull horn Lip Lift? How soon after can I look socially representable and go in public with out looking swollen?

Bull Horn Lip lift

SEE VIDEO BELOW FOR SAMPLE LIFT:

The recovery on a bull horn lip lift can vary tremendously. Sutures are generally removed within a week and significant swelling tends to resolve by 10 days. At this point in time make-up can be applied which can conceal the scar.

Recovery Time for Bullhorn Lip Lift?

Thank you for your question. The Lip Lift procedure is performed to accentuate the size and/or shape of the upper lip by removing skin from the region underneath the nose. As the distance is decreased between the nose and the lip, the red lip is 'lifted'. In appropriate individuals, shortening this distance may impart or restore a more favorable balance to lips and face. Most women notice substantial progress in their healing and improvement in their swelling by 1 week. By 2 weeks, most women report that they feel confident in most social and working environments with the aid of makeup to conceal any residual early pink discoloration of the scar. However, each person's healing is unique and is influenced by many factors including her aftercare regimen. Full scar maturation is expected to take up to 12 months.

James M. Pearson, MD

Recovery time for bullhorn lip lift

I use absorbable sutures and fibrin glue at the scar line, because so many of my patients are from out of town, I hardly ever get to see them at a week postop to remove sutures.

The key is for the deep sutures to shoulder all the tension. That way there is no distortion of the nostrils or columella and there is minimal need for surface sutures.

Although scars are hard to see even at a week out, and swelling is quickly gone, the lip looks a little overdone until the third or fourth week.

Check out the link below for more info and details

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD