Lip Lift to Shorten Distance Between Top Lip and Nose?

Would I be a good canditate for a Lip Lift? I would like to shorten the distance between my top lip and nose and change the shape of my top lip so it looks less 'flat'.

Would a Lip Lift do this? I am 24 and have already had a lip implant.

Thank you for your question. The Lip Lift procedure is performed to accentuate the size and/or shape of the upper lip by removing skin from the region underneath the nose. As the distance is decreased between the nose and the lip, the red lip is 'lifted'. In appropriate individuals, shortening this distance may impart or restore a more favorable balance to lips and face. Other factors are considered as to whether one is a good candidate including one's overall health, potential satisfaction with the appearance of a shortened upper lip distance, and willingness to accept the associated scar should be considered. Consider consulting with a board certified surgeon with experience performing this procedure to receive personalized advice.

Lip lift

A lip lfit will shorten the distance from your top lip to your nose. The tradeoff is a potentially visible scar. You may want to discuss this option with a plastic surgeon.

Your dentition is an important factor which must be taken into consderation when performing this surgery.

Lip Lift results to more teeth, less distance between nose and top lip

Yes, a lip lift could likely help you. Do you know what the distance is between the base of your nose and the top of your lip? From your photo it appears that your teeth do not show when your mouth is at rest. Additional augmentation may not be a good alternative.

You may be a candidate for the lip lift--You can always have a virtual consultation with me to discuss your particular situation.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD