Botox for Chin Dimpling?

I have several deep dimples in my chin, and I've heard Botox could get rid of them. What do you think?

Botox great in the chin

Botox is a great way to relax lines and dimples in the chin caused by hyperactive muscles, resulting in a smoother, fuller chin area. Botox relaxation in the chin can also help acne scars that might be accentuated by the muscle action in the chin. Botox is an easy treatment and low doses are used in the chin.

Botox works well for chin dimples

Chin dimples are caused by action of the muscle mentalis on the skin. Botox works very well by relaxing this ansd by making the chin surface smoother.

Sam Naficy, MD, FACS

Chin Dimpling

This is an area where Botox and Dysport work very well. The even dispersion of Dysport makes it my preferred product in this area. the results are impressive and patients have always been very satisfied with these treatments.... it is also cost effective since units used are minimal

Shawn Allen, MD
Boulder Dermatologist

Great use of Botox

The excessive movement of the mentalis muscle not only causes unsightly dimpling, but promotes shadowing of the chin which accentuates the jowls and "puppet" marionette lines. The injection points must be precise to prevent mouth asymmetry, so go to an expert.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Botox for chin dimpling

The only FDA approved use of BOTOX Cosmetic is for smoothing wrinkles at the base of the nose, between the brows. Use of Botox elsewhere falls under the category of "Off Label" use which means that it is up to a Doctor to decide how to use a drug on his/her patient.

Since Botox works best by smoothing ACTIVE wrinkles - those caused by the contracture of the expression muscles just under them, the use of Botox has many potential application.

In some people, especially those with a "weak" chin, the round chin muscle (MENTALIS), works overtime to push the lower lip up to brings the lips together and keep them from drying. In the process, a dimple or two , sometimes wrinkles are formed on that part of the chin (MENTALIS STRAIN). If a small amount of Botox is placed here, it may smooth the wrinkle / dimple (but it may also make it hard to keep the lips together at rest).

Good Luck.

Botox For Chin Dimples

If you are looking for a smoother appearance on your chin Botox would be a great option. Botox will relax the muscles that are causing the dimpling.

My opinion

Botox, Dysport and Xeomin can be used to relax the muscle that causes chin dimpling.  Alternatively, an injectable filler such as Restylane or even Sculptra can be used to fill those chin flaws. Botox and Dysport have about a three month duration.  Restalyne and Sculptra last longer, but do cost a bit more.

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Chin Dimpling

Botox is a great way to relax fine lines and dimples in the chin. It creates a smoother appearance.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Dysport remove chin dimples

This question is pretty straight foward as evidenced by all the MD answers, Botox and Dysport work great for chin dimpling and sometimes creases in the chin.  They relax the muscle that we all have in our chin.  It lasts for about 3-4 months.

David C. Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and chin dimpling

In select cases, botox can soften a dimpled chin, typically with minimal amount of units.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon