Could my jowls be lifted with Voluma injections in cheeks? (photos)

I'm 44 and have been contemplating Voluma to add fullness to my cheeks and soften the marionette lines. I'm hoping Voluma in cheeks will also lift the jowl area a bit. Will this plan work or would the sagging jowls benefit more from Kybella?

Voluma

Thank you for your question Monika84123. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. It works well to restore the youthful apple of the cheeks. When placed in the upper cheeks Voluma will pull up on the lower face, improving nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and jowls.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Voluma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Voluma for mid-face

Voluma would be the filler of choice for your issues. It will restore fullness to the mid-face which will give a slight lift to the jowl area. Kybella is for dissolving fat under the chin. 

Voluma for mid-face

Voluma, not Kybella

Kybella is an injectable for removing the pocket of fat under the chin. Not the option for you. Voluma will restore volume lost in the mid-face which can give a slight lift to the jowls. I would suggest, though, that you book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be examined in person so that you can discuss all of your options. 

Voluma, not Kybella

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Kybella is used to eliminate submental fullness due to submental fat, or double chin. Voluma improves the volume to the cheeks and mid-face by gently lifting the ape, apple and hollows for a more youthful and healthy appearance. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Could my jowls be lifted with Voluma injections in cheeks?

While enhancing/shaping the upper cheek with Juvederm Voluma® can lift the lower cheek, a much more effective nonsurgical option is tightening/lifting the cheeks with Ulthera® laser/Ultherapy®.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Voluma Gives a Little Lift

Juvederm Voluma is one of my go-to products to create “liquid facelifts.” This should give you enough of a lift to make a difference to your lower face and jowls, but one also does not want to blow up the face to just lift up the jowls. To reposition fat from the lower face upward I commonly use Ultherapy. Very seldomly I will use Kybella off-label in the jowl area to reduce some of the fat. The marionette lines may improve sufficiently with these treatments, but you might also benefit from another hyaluronic-acid filler to smooth those out. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out if you are a candidate for a liquid facelift.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma Gives a Little Lift

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sagging howls, cheek volume and marionette lines

There are may fillers that can deliver great results for cheek fullness and marionette lines. It all depends what is your preference and if you prefer HA filler that yields short term effect or fillers that last longer. On the other hand, you would require additional injections to your chin. Kybella is used to dissolve fat cells but it does not treat sagging skin therefore it may not be the right treatment for you. It is hard to tell from pictures but you may benefit from trusculpt since it gives a lift, melts fat cells and tightens the skin. Make an appointment with experienced provider to get examined and to discuss your options. Good luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Voluma for Jaw Lifting

Hi and thank you for sharing your question here. Voluma is a very thick and viscous filler (in addition to be long-lasting) and with proper technique and at the right place of injection, not only it helps to restore the volume in your cheeks but it can also give a nice lift at the jaw area. Overall Voluma is among my top choices for long-lasting liquid facelift procedures at carefully-selected areas of face. I hope it helps and good luck!

Voluma for Jaw Lifting

Voluma for jowls

Voluma enhances the cheeks and lateral facial areas. It can improve the jowls a bit. Kybella is used for the submental area (the horizontal portion of the neck) and never for the jowls. The best treatment for you would be a combination of Voluma to the cheeks to elevate a bit without distorting your face and then a non invasive skin tightening procedure for the lower face such as Exilis Ultra. A combination of procedures is often what gives the best and most natural result.

Voluma for jowls

Voluma for Jowls

Absolutely. Actually, it's ideal to have Voluma placed in your cheeks before you have your provider inject your nasolabial folds (around your mouth). If injected correctly, you can achieve a significant lift with Voluma and you minimize the risk of having a "caveman" appearance around your mouth which sometimes happens when there's too much filler placed around the mouth. 

Voluma for Jowls