What are non surgical options for reducing the bags under my eyes.

I am a 61 year old male :I have fat deposites under my eyes(bloated bags) other than surgery ,what can I do? What about vibration to break down the fat?(electric toothbrush)?

Doctor Answers 2

It is hard to tell what you have without a picture.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
However if you have significant prolapsed fat under the eyes, the only way to get rid of this is with surgery.  Ultrasound or other types of vibration won't help.

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

At your age, there are few nonsurgical options.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I don't think using your tooth brush will do very much.  However, if it does work, I suggest would contact a patent attorney.  Even if it doesn't work very well it could be worth a fortune!  

Seriously consider posting photographs so we can be more concrete with our suggestions.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.