Im Only 25, but my Neck Seems to Have Loose Skin when I Turn Certain Ways, Should I Consider a Neck Lift? (photo)

Ive posted two pictures as examples. When I make certain facial expressions or turn my head it looks like i have really loose neck skin. Ive recently had a baby and gained and lost about 25-30 lbs. I believe i may have a weak jaw line too. Not sure but id love to just tack my skin up a bit to give me a more defined jaw and neck. Im leaning more torward a neck lift because i notice a big cord in my neck when i turn my heard sideways and i want something dramatic done that lasts.

Neck Lift for Loose Skin at Age 25?

I would say: Definitely No! Some mild laxity is normal - especially with moving and turning. If this gets more significant (and yes, it will over the years), you could consider non-invasive face and neck tightening such as Ultherapy.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Im Only 25, but my Neck Seems to Have Loose Skin when I Turn Certain Ways, Should I Consider a Neck Lift?

Absolutely not at 25 years of age.  Perlane to enhance the aesthetic shape of the cheels perhaps...but no surgery IMHO.

Do I need a neck lift at age 25?

The pictures that you have provided demontrate that you have a nicely defined jaw line with no evidence of jowling or neck laxity. In my experience, it is very rare for a 25 year old to be in need of any surgical lifting in the face or neck unless the patient has undergone massive weight loss (>100lbs). I would do multiple consultations with experienced and qualified facial plastic or plastic surgeons to get their opinion. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift options in your twenties

Thank you for your question for sharing your pictures. Based on your age and photos, I would recommend non-surgical approaches. I am finding that the combination of Kybella or Coolsculpting Mini to reduce the sub mental fullness and an energy device to tighten the skin are among the best non-surgical combinations to help your neck concerns.
Kybella is an injection procedure that dissolves the fat an may require between 2-4 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. There is some swelling and bruising potential, with the greatest amount with the first treatment.
The Coolsculpting mini procedure cools the fatty tissue under the submental area and also reduces the fatty tissue under the chin.

As far as energy devices, I would recommend Ulthera if you are looking for something with no downtime, or Profound if you could tolerate some downtime. Ulthera is an ultrasound based energy that heats the underlying tissue and stimulates collagen in response. Profound is a radio frequency microneedling device that allows for the creation of Elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid and hence restores some of the lost elasticity in the neck. It has more visible downtime with the possibility of some swelling and bruising that diminishes in about a weeks time.

Treatment of Loose Skin on Neck

At this point you may be a better candidate for radiofrequency skin tightening for the neck (such as Pelleve, which I offer at my New York practice) and treatment of the neck bands with Botox or Dysport. The next step for you is to have a qualified specialist evaluate you in person for neck rejuvenation procedures. The skin elasticity and other elements to making a decision about your neck rejuvenation treatment plan cannot be assessed by still photos alone, especially if indeed are considering a neck lift.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Not a Neck Lift Candidate

No you are not a candidate for a neck lift.  If your concerns persist you could consider a nonsurgical tightening procedure.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS