Can 2.0 derma stamp have ruined my skin?

I recently had derma stamp 2.0 done for scarred pores on my cheeks, its been nearly 2 months now and my skin looks worse than it did before, i have uneven skin texture and uneveness. Doc says it will get better and can take time, but iam not convinced. It should be showing signs of improvement by now. Can this lenght needle damage skin? Iam breast feeding too i dont know if that makes a difference. Any advice would be appreciated.

Acne Scars and Microneedling

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Microneedling is a safe treatment procedure that is especially effective if done by capable hands. Aside from the length of the needle, the sanitation of the entire procedure, and the serums used to treat scars, your doctor’s expertise will also come into play. If done properly, it can yield great results in reducing scars as well as rejuvenating the skin.

Typically, the procedure will involve a roller or electrical device  with fine needles of appropriate length for your scar situation as well as some topical treatment involving serums to attain great results. Then, your doctor will advise a microneedling treatment series, usually 4 to 6 weeks apart. You will also advise to wait for a few months to experience the full effect of your microneedling treatment procedure.

As for your case, you may want to ask for a second opinion from a board certified doctor to evaluate your situation. Hope I was able to help out!

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Micro-needling for acne scars

The results of most procedures are significantly influenced by the expertise of the person doing the treatment. In the right hands, medical micro-needling is an excellent procedure for improving the appearance of acne scars. In my office we use the ProCell Therapies micro-needling machine for a more even pattern of needle penetration in the skin. We also apply growth factor serums derived from human stem cells to further enhance the results. For the best results it typically takes a series of treatments, each one month apart, and then a waiting time of several months for the full effect.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon