I Had Ultherapy This Week and Am Scheduled to Have Botox Early Next Week. Too Soon?

Ulthera treatments and Botox injections in Los Angeles

Ulthera treatments are excellent complements to other cosmetic plastic surgery treatments such as Botox, Radiesse, Sculptra, and Xeomin. One week is a good interval for the Botox. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Ultherapy and Botox

Generally speaking it is safe to treat with Botox approximately 1 week post procedure to ensure all inflammation has gone down. This is a great compliment to the procedure. A neuromodulator such as Botox can be a wonderful treatment for those who are looking for more instant gratification alongside Ultherapy in which can take several weeks for the full impact.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and Botox

Thank you for your question!
Yes, Ultherapy followed by botox a week later is great. We often do this combination in our practice. Ultherapy is great in combination with neuromodulators, fillers and resurfacing lasers.
The botox or dysport can help with those lines and wrinkles formed from strong muscular movement, the lasers can even out tone and texture, and the filler can help with those deeper folds that need a little extra help and also to replace volume loss.

Grant Stevens, MD

Botox timing after Ultherapy

A week after Ultherapy, it is safe to get cosmetic Botox. There is no contraindication to getting Botox a week after Ultherapy. 

Botox can be given after Ultherapy

The treatment of Botox involves injecting the Botulinum toxin into the correct anatomical site to relax those muscles. Whether there is some swelling in the area or not should not make a difference when administering Botox injections to make wrinkles soften. 

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox After Ulthera

I would wait a full 14 days for the swelling to go down from the Ulthera before you get Botox or fillers, as this will help to ensure that the best results are seen from both of your treatments. Good luck.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox and ulthera

You should be in the safe zone as long as you wait a couple days after your Ulthera treatment to get your Botox injections.  I generally recommend having the Ulthera treatment first followed by Botox, but it is patient specific since i will occasionally perform them at the same time if we are addressing different regioons of the face (for example, Ultherapy for the cheek and neck and Botox for the area between the brows and forehead). Combining these two treatments offer great results. Often times combining filler injections with Ulthera and Botox offer patients remarkable results, so I would recommend asking your doctor if you are a candidate for this combined treatment.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

Botox, Ultherapy, timing

Hi,

Botox works at the muscle level as they give facial animation.  In areas of concern, botox will stop local muscle activity and allow a smoother area where there would be unwanted muscle movement (example...frown lines)

Ulthera works at the level of the skin and deeper tissues towards the muscle.  It will not hinder the botox treatment. 

So, the short answer to your question is that you can be given botox 2 weeks after your Ulthera treatment as long as you and your doctor agree that is is okay to do in your case.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Botox with Ultherapy. Is it safe?

Botox affects the muscles of facial expressions, whereas Ultherapy affects soft tissues (skin, sub cutaneous tissue, perhaps muscle).  Firstly, there is no detrimental effect of Ultherapy on Botox. Whether there is any proven benefit of the two together... well, we just don't know.... no studies yet.   What we do know is that Botox will improve your appearance by it's mechanism of action.....minimizing muscle contraction. Ultherapy will improve your appearance through soft tissue tightening.  They work synergistically (together), so yes it is acceptable and recommended to do both together.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Ultherapy and Botox, fillers and other injectable wrinkle treatments

As the medical director of one of the busiest Ultherapy center in Northern California, I have seen synergistic clinical benefits when Ultherapy is combined with any of the injectable wrinkle treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin or Juvederm, Radiesse, or Sculptra injections. In my clinical opinion and experience, as long as Ultherapy is done first, Botox or filler injections can be done almost immediately afterwards.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon