I Had Ultherapy This Week and Am Scheduled to Have Botox Early Next Week. Too Soon?

Ulthera treatments and Botox injections in Los Angeles

+1

Ulthera treatments are excellent complements to other cosmetic plastic surgery treatments such as Botox, Radiesse, Sculptra, and Xeomin. One week is a good interval for the Botox. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Botox can be given after Ultherapy

+1

The treatment of Botox involves injecting the Botulinum toxin into the correct anatomical site to relax those muscles. Whether there is some swelling in the area or not should not make a difference when administering Botox injections to make wrinkles soften. 

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox After Ulthera

+1

I would wait a full 14 days for the swelling to go down from the Ulthera before you get Botox or fillers, as this will help to ensure that the best results are seen from both of your treatments. Good luck.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox and ulthera

+1

You should be in the safe zone as long as you wait a couple days after your Ulthera treatment to get your Botox injections.  I generally recommend having the Ulthera treatment first followed by Botox, but it is patient specific since i will occasionally perform them at the same time if we are addressing different regioons of the face (for example, Ultherapy for the cheek and neck and Botox for the area between the brows and forehead). Combining these two treatments offer great results. Often times combining filler injections with Ulthera and Botox offer patients remarkable results, so I would recommend asking your doctor if you are a candidate for this combined treatment.

Carlo Honrado, MD

Botox, Ultherapy, timing

+1

Hi,

Botox works at the muscle level as they give facial animation.  In areas of concern, botox will stop local muscle activity and allow a smoother area where there would be unwanted muscle movement (example...frown lines)

Ulthera works at the level of the skin and deeper tissues towards the muscle.  It will not hinder the botox treatment. 

So, the short answer to your question is that you can be given botox 2 weeks after your Ulthera treatment as long as you and your doctor agree that is is okay to do in your case.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Botox with Ultherapy. Is it safe?

+1

Botox affects the muscles of facial expressions, whereas Ultherapy affects soft tissues (skin, sub cutaneous tissue, perhaps muscle).  Firstly, there is no detrimental effect of Ultherapy on Botox. Whether there is any proven benefit of the two together... well, we just don't know.... no studies yet.   What we do know is that Botox will improve your appearance by it's mechanism of action.....minimizing muscle contraction. Ultherapy will improve your appearance through soft tissue tightening.  They work synergistically (together), so yes it is acceptable and recommended to do both together.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Ultherapy and Botox, fillers and other injectable wrinkle treatments

+1

As the medical director of one of the busiest Ultherapy center in Northern California, I have seen synergistic clinical benefits when Ultherapy is combined with any of the injectable wrinkle treatments such as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin or Juvederm, Radiesse, or Sculptra injections. In my clinical opinion and experience, as long as Ultherapy is done first, Botox or filler injections can be done almost immediately afterwards.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy and Botox/Dysport do well together but a few days apart is best.

+1

Botox/Dysport can be done either a few days before or a few days after ultherapy since the swelling from the ultherapy may allow the botox to spread too much but they are great together just separated. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is fine to be used around the time of Ultherapy and helps achieve better results!

+1

For my Ultherapy patients, I recommend strongly that they have Botox, Dysport or Xeomin before their treatments.  It is a huge help as it stabilizes the area and allows for the best results.  

Generally, I like to have fillers on the same day as Ultherapy or after it rather than before, but depending on where the fillers are placed, it may be perfectly fine.  Ultherapy is done in certain areas and often, these areas aren't the areas where the filler has been placed.

The benefits of having both Botox and fillers are significant as they are helping to stimulate the collagen and make the results of the Ultherapy much better.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Botox a week after Ultherapy

+1

It should not be a problem to do botox right after ultherapy.  Often, we treat the upper face with botox immediately after Ultherapy to enhance the effects and a jump start to the treatment outcomes.  As long as your skin is not inflamed or red following the ultherapy, there should be no issues with having botox one week later.

Ritu Saini, MD