Ulthera Around Eyes and Eyebrows. Right Side Has Dropped?

Good afternoon. I had Ulthera around my eyes and above my eyebrows. It lifted beautifully and after 3 weeks my right hand side dropped and my eyebrow is slighter lower on the right side now. I have had it redone twice now and the same thing keeps happening. Is there a reason for this that perhaps my muscles are not holding like the left side or maybe the ulthera is not being done properly? Would really appreciate your feedback to laurelleh@yahoo.com Many thanks, Laurelle

Brow decent after Ultherapy

+1

Thank you or your question. This is very difficult to evaluate without pre procedure photos and an exam.  However, Ultherapy will elevate and not cause descent of the tissue unless another facial dynamic are occurring.  The face, especially, has many asymetries and you need to document this before treatment to figure out this type of situation .  

Ultherapy for brow elevation

+1

I could not comment on your particular situation without examining you and without knowing the details of the treatment. Regardless, this is an unusual sitiuation to see improvement after Ultherapy and then descent. Lifting is thought to occur slowly over six months after the treatment. It is not uncommon to have one forehead muscle stronger than the other and at rest, some people demonstrate a higher eyebrow on the side of the stronger forehead muscle.   Possibly the weaker side is lifted to some degree after the Ultherapy and it looks better shortly until the stronger side shows its strength and that side becomes higher which makes the other side look like it's falling. This is conjecture though. You should ask your doctor why they think it's happening.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultherapy and Brow Descent

+1
A rather surprising result as most patients ovviously get elevation of the brow rather than descent.  Remember that ultherapy results take about 4 to 6 months to manifest and that immediate changes are not related to collagen formation or soft tissue contraction.
Although I have not seen facial nerve weakness with Ultherapy, I have seen this with ultrasound delivered beneath the skin with certain methods of liposuction.  Nerves can be transiently affected and eventually return to normal. I would give this some time to heal and allow the end result to manifest rather than undergoing continued treatments. I think that patience and conservative management is best in this situation, although sometime the most difficult approach to take.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Asymmetric Eye Brows After Ulthera

+1

Hi Laurel,

It is difficult to answer your question without a photo or examining you.  Most of us are a bit asymmetric, sometimes the muscle or skin thickness may vary from one side to the other.  If you have had any Botox or Dysport, that may affect the level of your brows.  Conversely, the use of those neuromodulators can even your brows.  By using the ultrasound image of your anatomy, an experienced Ultherapy physician can target the exact level that will give you maximal lift on the affected side.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD