Botox Before Ultherapy?

If I get Botox one or two weeks before having an Uletherapy treatment will the longevity of the botox be affected by the Ultherapy?

Ultherapy for the face and Botox - Los Angeles

+2

The two procedures will not inter-relate and thus there will be no long term or short term consequences of doing the Botox first. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Botox and Ultherapy

+1
It is perfectly OK to get Botox treatments before Ultherapy as the latter does not reverse the Botox effect. 

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Ultherapy does not affect the longevity of botox provided it is done a day after or immediately before

+1

Botox is bound immediately upon the injection and I often recommend it to be done at least one day prior to Utlherapy, as we recommend prior to laser resurfacing with Fraxel, as an example, so that the skin heals on a base of smoother skin. Ultherapy can follow Botox by one day or the Botox can be done immediately after the Ultherapy.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultherapy will not affect the longevity of the Botox

+1

Having Botox administered 2 weeks prior to an Ultherapy treatment will not affect the longevity of the product. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon before any cosmetic procedure or treatment to make sure you are a good candidate and understand the benefits and risks.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and botox

+1

Hi,

Botox works at the nerve-muscle junction and this will not be affected by having Ultherapy.  Some doctors do these treatments at one time but most patients would rather have the treatments at different times.

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Botox before Ultherapy

+1

You can have Botox up to 1-2 weeks before Ultherapy.  To be on the safe side, I tell my patients to allow 2 weeks after Botox before the treatment to prevent faster turnover and a shorter duration of Botox.

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox before Ultherapy

+1

There should not be any problems in having botox a couple of weeks before Ultherapy.  The two treatments often complement one another.

Ritu Saini, MD

Botox and Ulthera

+1

Thank you for your question. Having Botox done 1-2 weeks before Ultherapy should not diminish the longevity of the Botox. While I wouldn't suggest having Botox on the same day as Ultherapy, your interval should be fine. 

Good luck with your Ultherapy and enjoy the results.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Ultherapy

+1

If Botox is injected 1-2 weeks before or after an Ultherapy treatment, there should not be any negative affect on the longevity of Botox. Similarly, there shouldn't be any diffusion or spread of the Botox. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy OK after Botox

+1

After 2 weeks there should be no problem doing Ultherapy over the same area. It might even be a good combination, though that has not been specifically studied.

Richard Baxter, MD