Ultherapy Plus Sculptra? (photo)

I had my third and final Sculptra treatment in February. Does it make any sense or is there a downside to having Ultherapy at this point?

Scupltra and Ultherapy for better results

+3

I would agree with my esteemed colleague, Dr. Persky.  Sculptra with Ultherapy can deliver wonderful results.  It goes back to the particular cause of aging in the individual patient, but if you have laxity in the neck, jowls or brows - Ultherapy is my number one recommended treatment (outside of surgery).  If you also have volume loss in your face, Sculptra is an excellent treatment.  Since both modalities work by stimulating collagen, I believe there is a synergistic advantage in combining the two!  We have been treating patients by combining Ultherapy with Sculptra for over 2 years in our practice and are very impressed with the results.  One caveat is that we tend to do Ultherapy first.  We typically treat with Ultherapy full face, then inject the first dose of Sculptra immediately after on the same day, and then have patients come back for a 2nd and 3rd injection (each one month later).  My reasoning for treating in that order is that we want to start with the deepest treatment first (Ultherapy), and then work our way up toward the skin surface.  Sometimes we also add a laser treatment for the skin (Ultherapy + Sculptra + Laser = Knockout results!).  For your specific case, I would wait at least 1 month after your last Sculptra treatment before doing Ultherapy.  The Sculptra particles remain in your skin for a short period of time as they are metabolized and your body makes collagen.  If you treat too soon after the injection (theoretically), you could potentially damage some of the Sculptra particles.  Good Luck!

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Plus Ulthera for Best Facial Rejuvenation Results

+3

Hi H,

There is no downside to having Ultherapy after having had Sculptra.  These two treatments work synergistically with each other.  Ulthera lifts and tightens the skin and muscles of the face and neck while Sculptra adds volume to the face.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Sculptra and Ulthera in combination is the bomb for the aging face

+2

These 2 treatments work together to help volumize the face from fat, bone, and muscle loss, and then tighten skin which has sagged due to gravity and aging.  I frequently do both on the same client.  There are reports which say they are synergistic (ie 1+1=3) when someone gets both.  I have written a blog about doing both procedures which I note that I think that Sculptra and Ulthera are better than a facelift because of the very low risk and downtime....see the link.  

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sculptra, Ultherapy, and an IPL- Perfect

+2

Stimulate new collagen and volume with Sculptra;  lift and tighten with Ultherapy; and reverse sun-damage and improve your skin health with an IPL.  This is my favorite non-invasive anti-aging regimen! 

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Ultherapy usually enhances the results of Sculptra

+1

Ultherapy usually enhances the results of Sculptra. It can create further tightening and collagen production. We commonly perform Ultherapy after Sculptra to define the jowls and the jawline.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy plus Sculptra

+1

Great question. I concur with my colleagues that Sculptra and Ultherapy are a wonderful treatment combination for shaping and volumizing the face.  I generally recommend that a patient start with Ultherapy for the lower face and brow, followed 4-6 weeks later by volumization of the cheeks, temple, or other indicated area. Sculptra is generally useful for adding volume in area of the face with a firm bony support (cheeks, temple, etc.), whereas Ultherapy is useful for shaping the submentum, jowls, and raising the brow area.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon