Any Information on Poly L Lactic Acid?

Any additional information on the degradation of poly l lactic acid? I have over 20 or 30 nodules ad well as granulomas. Any help, legally, or medically is appreciated. Also the poly l lactic acid travels within my body. I see in my knees, legs, feet, arms, wrists, and of course all over my face. I take pictures and you can literally see it travel day to day. It moves or travels to what appears to be joints or end of bones i.e., elbows, wrists, fingers, etc.

Any Information on Poly L Lactic Acid?

+1

Thank you for your question. PLLA  is not known for migration so if this is indeed the case, perhaps you are better  being seen at a university level setting.  This is not a typical response, and I would want to be certain this is indeed Sculptra, and I must say I am very skeptical this is migrating Sculptra, but am open minded enough to ask if you have had the traveling nodules biopsied, and if so, what was the pathology report.  I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Doubt that yoy actually had Poly l lactic acid as the material injected.

+1

You did not state who injected you or if it was in the US??

I have had years of experience with Sculptra and have never seen it travel.

I would recommend that you check that Sculptra was the material actually used.

In addition, you should have a biopsy done of one of the areas that has travelled material in it, This will give you some insite into what can be done,.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Poly-L-lactic acid

+1

Although it is possible to get nodules after treatment with Poly-L-lactic acid (Sculptra), it is not possible for them to travel throughout your body.  If nodules develop, they would do so only where the product was injected and not elsewhere.  There are potential treatments that can be done to help with nodules, so I would recommend a consultation with a physician experienced with Sculptra to see if there might be options to help with your condition.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Any Information on Poly L Lactic Acid?

+1

Poly-L lactic acid (Sculptra) is frequently used and safe when injected properly. It can cause nodules in certain areas of the face. It would be very unusual for it to migrate though. I think you would be best served by an in-person consultation with a Dermatologist or Facial Plastic Surgeon with Sculptra experience. They can evaluate you and determine the nature of the nodules that you're seeing on your face and elsewhere. I would recommend doing that now as you're experiencing issues that are very uncommon with Sculptra treatment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/sculptra/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon