Should Extra Volume Still Be There 5 Days After Injections?

I had 2 treatments of sculptra (1 vial each treatment). After 1st treatment very little difference. 6 wks later had 2nd treatment. Now 5 days later the extra volume has not really gone down. Should the volume still be there 5 days later? Will this continue to grow? I do NOT want this to continue to grow. This was supposed to be gradual and not show for a while. Told swelling would go down and grow slowly. I don’t want over full face. What should I do? Will this go down still? A little panicked.

Sculptra Injection and swelling

+1
Sculptra is a fabulous facial volume corrector.  It is a unique substance that gradually builds collagen in your face.  It is normal after injections to be swollen or even bruised at times.  This swelling can last for a day or up to two weeks.  If you are still concerned after two weeks please return to your treating physician for examination.

Sculptra Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Swelling and edema can be present for up to 2 weeks following injections. This will fade over the two weeks and resolve. I hope this helps!

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Swelling persistent 5 days after Sculptra is not a concern

+1

Even though the injection of Sculptra is mostly sterile saline and lidocaine which is absorbed in about 24-36 hours, there can still be swelling related to the injection at day 5.  This is just related to trauma from the injection (bruising and swelling) and by no means is an indication of what the final result will look like.  Steve Weiner, MD

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sculptra

+1

It can take up to two weeks for swelling from the initial injections to subside.  Sculptra will then give gradual volumization.  I would not be too concerned at 5 days from the treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Puffiness following Sculptra injections

+1

Sculptra is mixed with sterile water and lidocane and each time it is injected it is done so to volume.  That liquid volume will be rapidly absorbed over the first 2 or 3 days. You can have some degree of soft tissue swelling that may be accounting for the change that you are observing.   At this point  I wouldn't be concerned at 5 days after the injection. Your current appearance should still change with more time. I would expect you to see some degree of filling 6 weeks after the second session.  Most patients need one vial per decade, so if your are 50 the average amount needed is 5 vials.  

Sculptra and Volumization

+1

Swelling after initial injections is normal up to 2 weeks.  Sculptra will give you a gradual volumization.  Hang in there and Patience.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA        

The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Longevity of volume from Sculptra injection

+1

Sculptra is mixed with sterile water so that it can be injected into the face.  Immediately after a treatment, the volume from the water will make the face look fuller and sometimes a little puffy.  This initial filling effect can take 1-2 weeks to resolve, so I wouldn't be concerned at 5 days after the injection.  Your current appearance should still change with more time.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon