What Types of Silicone Injections Does Alcon Make Other Than Silikon 1000?

What are the differences between the different types of products that Alcom makes for facial fillers?

Removing liquid silicone from the lips - Los Angeles

+1

I have a large series of patients in whom I have removed silicone from the lips. I do not advise treatment with liquid silicone. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Alcon only makes Silikon 1000 and it is an ideal facial filler

+1

Silikon 1000 is approved on-label for retinal detachment in the eye.  However, it can be used off-label for facial filling.  In the hands of an expert injector with experience and proper technique, it is an excellent facial filler as it gives precise, permanent and natural-appearing results.  We use it for aging rhytes of the face, acne scars, volume loss, facial lipoatrophy, surgical scars, aging hands, and aging lines in the neck.  I have injected several hundred patients and my mentor and father has injected thousands of patients over 40 plus years. Neither one of us has ever had a patient have any serious complications or who developed granulomas.

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Alcon only makes Silikon 1000 and it is not for facial filling!

+1

Silikon 1000 is make for a single medical purpose.  It keeps people with complex retinal detachment from going blind.  The dense clear liquid is used to fill the eye after the vitreo-retinal surgeon has laid flat a complex retinal detachment.  Doctors misappropriate this product for use as a facial filler.  It is not FDA approved for this use.  While in general the FDA tolerates off-label use of products, this is one product that is considered so harmful when used in an off-label fashion that the FDA has threatened several doctors with prosecution for using this liquid silicone product.  It is not meant to be used as a filler and it is absolutely not safe for this purpose.  It saves people from going blind but was never meant to be a filler for the face.