Will Silicone Butt Injections Affect a Person with Diabetes on Insulin?

I am inquiring about the silicone butt shots but my concern is that I'm a Diabetic on insulin. How would it affect me being as though I have this condition?

Silicone buttock injections

+1

This is a bad idea and it is not supported by the ASPS.  Diabetic or not, it should not be done.  This technique is not safe, nor has it been accepted by our plastic surgery community.  It is a technique that you'll hear about in other countries but not in the society of plastic surgeons.

best of luck

Buttock Augmentation in the Diabetic Patient

+1

I would not consider silicone injections.   As a diabetic patient, you are likely to have issues related to infection and rejection of the material.   Silicone injections are quite simply obsolete because they carry such a high risk of complication.

I would recommend that you consider fat injections to your buttocks.   You are less likely to have infection or rejection of your tissue.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bad Idea - Silicone Injections to Buttock

+1

This is simply is very bad idea. Silicone injections can lead to many problems.  Ask any board certified plastic surgeon, and they will likely tell you of a patient they have encountered who had silicone injections to the breast or buttock.  They were likely crippled with hard nodules that simply can not be easily corrected and can leave patients deformed.  

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Silicone Injections for Butt Augmentation

+1

I would not recommend silicone injections to any patient for any reason in any location. Direct injection of liquid silicone is riddled with numerous complications and potential health problems later. 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Silicone Injections into the butt not recommended

+1

I do not recommend silicone butt injections to anyone. 

For butt augmentation there are better and safer options including fat injections or silicone butt implants. 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Safety of Silicone Butt Injections in Diabetics

+1

Regarding:  "Will Silicone Butt Injections Affect a Person with Diabetes on Insulin?
I am inquiring about the silicone butt shots but my concern is that I'm a Diabetic on insulin. How would it affect me being as though I have this condition
?"

The logic of your question is similar to that of an oil refinery worker worker wondering if his lighting a cigarette inside the refinery while surrounded by gas fumes may offend his nonsmoking buddies. Respectfully, I think you are missing the big picture here.

Let's go over this issue step by step
1. Silicone injections to the buttocks, REGARDLESS of the supposed quality of the silicone (bathroom caulking, engine lubricant or "medical grade") is a dangerous procedure with both short-term and long-term complications and deformities which may not be fixable.

2. Insulin dependent diabetics have a HIGHER risk of serious infection than non-diabetics. Sterile procedures performed in an accredited operating room have a higher infection rate in insulin dependent diabetics. The odds of infection in such diabetics receiving silicone "pump" treatment is very large.

3. Infections in insulin dependent diabetics are VERY costly. It could cost you a lot of money as well as could cost you your life.

4. Even if you go not get an immediate infection, silicone butt injections are associated with painful scar nodule formation and ulceration. While I understand your worries you may compromise your insulin injection location, you should be as, if not more worried, about ending up with a permanently painful butt.

My advice - Don't do it. You WILL regret it.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Don't do it!

+1

Silicone injections for soft tissue augment should not be used for buttock augmentation.  Don't do it!

I've seen many complications from this procedure.  It is often performed by a non-licensed individual and can lead to horrendous complications including removal of all of your buttock subcutaneous tissues and skin.  If you google the procedure "silicone injection", you'll see plenty of horror stories about skin discoloration, infections, hardening of the tissues (siliconomas), and even death.

Silicone injections have been used successfully by some practitioners in very small volumes, no more than 25ml or a little more than a tablespoon for facial soft tissue augmentation.  But this use is not FDA approved.  

If you're looking for a perkier or fuller backside, then a solid silicone implant or fat augmentation is the way to go.

Edward S. Lee, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon