How Do I Get Rid of the Pain and Lumps Due to Silicone Injections?

I went to Dominican Republic to get these buttocks enhancement injections and this has destroyed my life. I continue to get these painful lumps I have seen several doctors and have had some lumps removed surgically and they continue to come out. These lumps are so painful that walking and sitting has become a problem I need help or how can I treat them. Where I live in Massachusetts the doctors tell me they are foreign to my situation and will not treat me. HELP

Lumps after Butt Augmentation/Enlargement

+1

Dear Lawrence6199,

Yikes.  As obvious as it sounds, it is not a good idea to have this procedure done and I hope that other people considering it will decide not to do it.  Even based on this alone.

First of all, you really do not know what was injected.  They may have said "silicone," you may have assumed it was "silicone" but the only silicone approved for injection in the US, (by the FDA) is for ophthalmologic use (the eyes).  It can be used off-label in the US but since the cost is prohibitive in the volumes that would be required for buttock augmentation, that's not how it's done here.  If at all.  Most likely, it is some other substance that was injected.  It is hard to know what it was, or even to go through a list of everything it could be.  Better not to even think about it.

More important is what can be done.  In general, you could either have some of the areas removed surgically (ie, cut out) or via liposuction, if that will work.  The most direct approach is to excise (cut out surgically) each of the areas that is symptomatic, if that is possible.  Otherwise, a more diffuse approach, such as liposuction (although it's not really fat that is being aspirated) may help.

I'm really sorry for what you've been going through - and will go through - but I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Silicone injections

+1

Silicone injections into the buttocks are illegal in the US. They still are performed and they use silicone from the hardware store. No medical grade silicone is available in large volume.

Thea body reacts to the silicone by forming :Granulomas" The only treatment is surgical removal and that WILL LEAVE YOU WITH A MAJOR DEFORMITY OF THE BUTTOCKS.

Prior injections with steroids may soften the granulomas then surgical excision.

The silicone used also causes very starange and unusual infection. Essentially they use silicone caulking to inject to your buttock.

Treatment is multiple procedures and is expensive.THE SURGERY WILL CAUSE MAJOR DEFORMITY OF THE BUTTOCKS AND NO GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL NOT GET INFECTION AND IRRIGULARITIES AND MAY REQUIRE MORE SURGERY TO IMPROVE ON THE DEFORMITIES.