How Long Does Swelling Last After Silicone Microdroplet Injections?

How long does swelling last after silicone microdroplet injections?

Swelling Usually Resolves Within A Few Days

+1

As with other filler injections where a needle on a syringe is being injected into the skin, small amounts of swelling are possible after liquid silicone injections.  With the microdroplet injection technique used when injecting liquid silicone, very small amounts of silicone are being injected at any given treatment session.  Therefore, the swelling is mostly related to the needle injections and less to the silicone material itself. Therefore, swelling usually resolves within a few days of the treatment. If swelling is still noticeably present or worsening after a week beyond your treatment, I recommend you contact your doctor for a follow up evaluation. 

Swelling resolves quickly after Silicone injections

+1

Since Silicone is usually injected in very small amounts, the swelling and bruising is usually from the needle, not the silicone. This usually subsides in several days. In my office, we apply ice to the injected area immediately to help reduce swelling and bruising.

If the swelling becomes greater after several days, you should call your Surgeon to make sure you don't have an infection or other unusual reaction.

Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

When used in small amounts of 0.5 cc or less, there is little or no swelling in the lips after Silicone Treatments.

+1

When used in small amounts of 0.5 cc or less, there is little or no swelling in the lips after Silicone Treatments  The average number of treatments is 3 separated by at least one month.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Silicone microdroplet injections

+1

Like most fillers, most of the swelling after silicone microdroplet injections subside after only a few days.  I usually say that the peak effect of the technique is not evident for 6 - 8 weeks after the procedure.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon