Do You Recommend That Person with MS Get Dysport for Facial Lines if They Have Had an Exacerbation of MS After Botox?

I had major itching and facial numbness after Botox in my forehead. It lasted 3 months. 2 years later I had it again, without the problem but 3 months later was diagnosed with MS I had used Botox for years needing it only once or twice a year for good results up until that first problem.

I don’t recommend that people with MS get any kind of neurotoxin

+1

No, I don’t recommend that people with MS get any kind of neurotoxin whether it is Dysport or BOTOX. For more information on these products, visit my website.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dysport

+1

Neurotoxins, Botox and Dysport is not to be used in patients with Neurological or Neuromuscular diseases.  DO NOT DO IT.

Safety of getting Botox / Dysport treatments with Multiple Sclerosis

+1

Allergan, the producer of Botox clearly states that Botox should NOT be used in patients with neuromuscular diseases (such as Eaton Lambert etc). It is thought that the muscle receptors in these patients are much more sensitive and that muscle paralysis well out of the area of treatment may result.

Before seriously considering having either Botox or Dysport you should consult with your neurologist and seek his/her approval.