Dysport Touch-up?

I just went in for an injection of Dysport. A PA did the injection. It was done 5-6-2010. She told me to come back in for a "Touch Up" if results were not satisfied within two weeks. I am a prior Botox user, and never needed a touch up. Is this a norm, or should I be concerned? Thank You

Botox for your 11

+1

The neurotoxin:  BOTOX and DYSPORT are similar.  It's probably not the neurotoxin used that gave you the results you are concerned about.  It may be the injector. 

Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Dysport or Botox "touch-up" appointments

+1

Since you have been using Botox, and since Botox and Dysport units are NOT the same, I think it's perfectly reasonable for the PA to recommend a possible touchup visit about 2 weeks after your initial Dysport injection.  After all, it's better to add a few more units after two weeks than have a true under-treatment that will go away completely (wasting your money) in a couple of months. We offer such a touchup appointment to all our first-time Botox and Dysport patients, as well as any who have started treating new facial areas for the first time.

Carmen Kavali, MD

2 week follow up to Dysport common

+1

It is recommended that any Dysport or Botox patient be seen at 2 weeks after injection especially after the first time.  It is much better to need a little more than to do too much at the 1st visit. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Follow up appointments are the sign of a responsible provider

+1

I often like to see my patients back in two weeks after injecting botulinum toxin (Botox or Dysport) to ensure we've achieved a good result, and "touch-up" as needed.  This is very common, especially when treating a patient that is new to me, in order to establish an injection pattern that is ideal for the patient.  Just like our surgery patients, cosmetic followup appointments are the sign of a responsible provider.

I would recommend seeing an aesthetically trained physician if you are uncomfortable with the care provided by your physician extender.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

No Concern

+1

I would not be worried about this at all. Many physicians, myself included, like to see a patient in two weeks for a touch up. This would especially be true if the patient is new to them and the injector has  less experience with Dysport. I personally do not care for the "deer in the headlights" look, and inject less units into the forehead than many others. This avoids brow drops. However, maintaining this philosophy,there might lead to a slight line or two. This can be easily  obliterated with the "touch up". Thus, I would take your injector's suggestion to be an attempt at perfection on her part and would not be critical. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Botox/Dysport Touch Up

+1

It is not uncommon for some patients to need a touch-up here and there after injection with botox or dysport.  The conversion between the two is not the same, so if it was your first time with dysport, you never quite know how much you may need until you do it for the first time.  Once you have done it and your doctor knows exactly how much you need at each area, then the need for a touch-up is usually alot less.  Nothing to be concerned about.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon