Does Dysport Increase Depression?

Since I had my botox treatment I am suffering from extreme fatigue and my depresion is getting worst. Although I could be in pre-menstrual period and having strange effects of it as a result. I am 44 years old and have been treated for depression over 10 years now. Within the past 10 years I have not had this high levels of depression. So far in my life the only thing changed was the Dysport injection. Although I look really good, I was jsut curious to know if depression levels could be effected by it?

Botox and depression

+1
Recent evidence shows that Botox may help treat depression, but still nothing available for Dysport or Xeomin. The mechanism proposed for Botox's effectiveness seems independent of the drug used to stop facial expression. For anyone experiencing increased depression it is best to check with your therapist so that all factors can be accounted for.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Dysport does not affect depression

+1

Dysport does not affect depression because it only gets absorbed locally and not systemically. Nothing has ever been reported of Dysport affecting depression in anyway.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon