How Long Until You See Dysport Results?

Its been 7 days since my Dysport injection, I see no results why?

Dysport Results

Most patients see improvement within several days of injection with Dysport. However it can take anywhere up to 10-14 days to notice full results. The result will usually last about three to four months at which point the muscle action gradually returns and the lines and wrinkles begin to reappear.

900 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10021

How long to see Dysport effects

You may start to see the effects of disport even after the first day. However, it takes upwards of 10 days to two weeks to see the full effect.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

5061 FM 2920
Spring, TX 77388

Dysport time of onset

Dysport, like it's relative Botox, can take up to 14 days for full onset though most people begin to notice some effect around 3-5 days.  I would give the dysport more time to work and then visit your surgeon and ask them for a touch up if needed.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

5730 Glenridge Drive
Atlanta, GA 30328

Dysport Results

Dysport usually starts to work in one to two days, and it usually reaches its full effect in about 10 days.  The median number of patients treated see results by day three. In other words, half of the patients treated with Dysport see wrinkle- soothing results before day three and half see results afterwards.  We usually follow up with all of our Dysport patients in 2 weeks.  So, I would recommend to contact your doctor in the next few days for a follow up.

Syed Amiry, DO
Virginia Dermatologic Surgeon

1830 Town Center Dr
Reston, VA 20190

It may take up to two weeks to see the full results of Dysport or Botox.  If you have not seen any change in 2 weeks, I recommend that you see your provider for follow-up. 

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Dysport~ when do you see it?

For most of my patients the results of Dysport are apparent after 2-3 days, some can take up to 7-10 days.  If you  haven't noticed any change 2 weeks and still have significant movement in the areas that were injected then you should follow up with your provider.  Sometimes it's just a matter of needing more Dysport to achieve the desired results.

Grant Stevens, MD

4644 Lincoln Blvd
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Onset of Botox/Dysport

Although results of Botox and Dysport are generally noticeable in 3-4 days both can take up to 14 days to have full effect.

After 10 days I recommend following up with your injector, provided they have not already followed up with you. Effects of Botox and Dysport can be subtle and those with no wrinkles or very deep wrinkles tend to appear to have minimal change to the untrained eye. The best way to evaluate yourself is to attempt to move the muscles and re-create the folds or wrinkles. For example, the movement from attempting to bring your eyebrows together, raise your eyebrows or squint will be diminished or gone completely, depending on where the product was injected.

If it has been 10 days since receiving the product and you still have muscle movement at the site it is possible that either not enough product was used, the product was not injected properly, or the wrong or expired product was used.

Again I recommend following up with your injector; a sign of a good provider is someone who will re-evaluate you at this point and adjust treatment accordingly.

Steven H. Williams, MD

4000 Dublin Blvd
Dublin, CA 94568

It takes about a week to get the full result

It takes about a week to get the full result, but people will start to see it as soon as 48 hours afterward. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

157 W 19th St
New York, NY 10011

You should see the result by 7 days after injecting dysport.

See your surgeon discuss it, you may need to have another set on injections.

Make sure the concentration is right, the medication is not old, stored appropriately, and purchased from the company directly or from reputable source. There is a lot of fake products on the market here and in canade and mexico

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Dysport results should be visible in 2 to 3 days

During the clinical trials we performed for the FDA, one advantage Dysport showed compared to Botox was its earlier onset of action.  Whereas Botox takes 5-7 days before the effects are seen, Dysport is more like 2-3 days.

If you are not seeing the effects at 7 days, the following reasons could apply:

1. The product was expired, or sat too long on the shelf, and lost it's effectiveness

2. The product wasn't really Dysport at all, but some other chemical, ranging from saline to "black market" neurotoxins

3. You're injector didn't put it in the right places for you to see any effects.

The right product in the right place should produce results in 2-3 days.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

7414 Picardy Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70808