Would a Prescription Steroid Anti Inflammatory Work for Reducing Rhinoplasty Swelling? (photo)

I recently had an open revision rhinoplasty for a bulbous tip as well as a slightly uneven bridge. There were no bones broken, as it was mostly cartilage work. I have thick skin and know that the tip is going to take a considerable amount of time to reduce in swelling. I am getting married in the middle of this October and would really like to have my tip look just right for my big day. I am curious if a prescription, such as prednisone could be used to reduce swelling? What are my options?

Steroids to Reduce Swelling Post Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Oral steroids for a week immediately after a revision rhinoplasty can help to limit or reduce post-op swelling. Kenalog injections are used by some physicians later in the healing process. Congratulations. Hope you have a great wedding day.

Would a Prescription Steroid Anti Inflammatory Work for Reducing Rhinoplasty Swelling?

+1

It might but you should ask any other Rhinoplasty Surgeons advice during your post op Rhinoplasty course than the one that did your Rhinoplasty.  He/she knows what was done to your nose during the Rhinoplasty and is in charge of your post op management.  

Steroid for post op rhinoplasty swelling

+1

Steroid by direct injection is the effective route. oral steroids will probably not work and in my opinion are a waste of time. make sure your surgeon is experienced in nasal steroid injections for swelling or you might have a permanent undesirable effect!

Edward O. Terino, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

+1

I assume the posted photos are after the revision? But not sure. It appears you still have a noticeable tip even with swelling. Call your chosen surgeon to be seen. Oral steroids might help but I doubt. Try massages to the nose.