I Have Occassional Eyelid Eczema. Would Ultherapy Be Contraindicated for the Eyelids? What About the Face?

Eczema and Ulthera for skin lifting

+1

As the Ultherapy provides deep ultrasound bypassing injury to the epidermis, the eczema should not be a cause for avoidance, unless there is a secondary bacterial infection from the eczema.

Ulthera and eyelid eczema

+1

I don't see why Ulthera would be a problem for an eyelid eczema. When we treat the upper face we don't place the Ulthera over the eyelids themselves as that may endanger the optic nerve, etc. We treat with Ulthera over the eyebrows which should not affect the eyelid eczema in any way. If you have an eyelid eczema you should see a dermatologist who is a member of the American Contact Dermatitis Association. ( which we are) so you can find out specifically which allergen you may be allergic to - also which products you can safely use.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon