Is It OK to Have Ulthera Done if You've Had Sculptra Injections?

I'm wondering if Ulthera is inadvisable if a patient has had Sculptra injections. And I'm also curious about the inverse: is it best to wait 90 days after Ulthera before having Sculptra (or any other filler) injected?

Ultherapy after Sculptra volume injections

+3

Although many believe there may be no affect on the Sculptra if Ultherapy is performed over it, studies are being done now to investigate the effect. Until we know better, I am suggesting waiting six months after Sculptra was injected before performing the Ultherapy. On the other hand, Ultherapy can be done and Sculptra immediately after as then there is no concern of the ultrasound energy passing through tissues that might have the Sculptra.

Ultherapy and Facial Fillers

+3

Ultherapy works by focused ultrasound energy which creates heat and stimulates collagen in the treatment area.  If you've recently had Sculptra or other facial fillers, your physician would attempt to avoid these areas as  the treatment could shrink or break down the injectable material.  If you are considering having both Ultherapy and Sculptra, it would be highly advisable to have Ultherapy first, followed up by Sculptra. There is no need to wait 90 days for the fillers.  We frequently use Radiesse as a facial filler immediately following treatment with Ultherapy with excellent results.  Good luck to you. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and Scupltra

+2

As previously mentioned, the purpose of Sculptra is to add volume to areas of the face that are deficient, while the purpose of Ultherapy is to tighten soft tissue.  I would certainly recommend Ultherapy first and Sculptra second in this regard.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon