Is Sculptra the Best Filler to Help Produce Your Own Collagen?

I'm looking for a filler to help the production of your own collagen. I want my results to be semi-permanent since I don't want those kind of results when I get older. Is Sculptra the only filler that can help with the production of your own collagen or is there another filler? If Sculptra is the only filler, how long would the results last? How much would it cost? Could it be used for the jawline to enhance it?

Sculptra lasts about two years and helps the body form collagen

+1
Sculptra is a fabulous injection to produce collagen and increase facial volume.  Sculptra is not a traditional filler. Sculptra enables your own body to gradually produce collagen and increase facial volume.  The results generally last about two years after full correction is achieved.  Sculptra can be used in various facial areas where there is lost volume.  It is most important to find a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in facial injections and cosmetic procedures.

Sculptra, longevity, collagen

+1
Sculptra has one of the longest lasting effects of our dermal fillers. It's technically is not dermal filler but a collagen stimulator. Our body reacts to the sculptra particles by forming collagen. Because collagen has an extended half-life the results are very long-lasting. You often need two or more treatment sessions to obtain the desired results, but the results can last years.  People charge anywhere from $700-1,000 per vial.  As a general rule you need to budget ~2 vials for someone who is 40, and then another 2 vials for each decade of life afterwards.

Sculptra and Collagen Production

+1

Sculptra produces long lasting results by stimulating collagen production.  Other alternatives to consider is fat grafting.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

For the production of your own collagen, Sculptra is the way to go.  There are also other treatment options to consider as well that will help restore volume loss, including fat grafting.

Sculptra: is this a good filler for building up collagen?

+1

Our faces often have areas where there is a deficiency of tissue, either from heredity, trauma and/or aging.  With time we do lose fat, bone, skin thickness and the face can begin to sink in. This is particularly true of the lower 1/3 of the face near the mouth and jawline. (But it can occur anywhere.).  We have many good FDA approved injectable fillers to help soften these unwanted changes: Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Perlane, Belotero and others. These typically are  "what you see is what you get" events.  There is some collagen buildup over time, especially with  Radiesse. But the "A-team" collagen builder is Sculptra. It is best injected in deeper areas and best avoided near the eyelids and in the lips. Sculptra slowly stimulates the sub-cutaneous tissue  to build collagen and the effects can last 18-24 months and a number of sessions are needed. Not every patient is a suitable candidate for Sculptra and it is more of a deferred gratification "journey",  not a single event.  The best 1st step is a consultation with a board-certified specialty appropriate physician who is experienced in administering Sculptra. Then weigh the pros and cons, including costs.  Good luck!

Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra and collagen production...

+1

Sculptra is the only filler I would use for the face that stimulates the production of collagen.  The other fillers like Juvaderm, Restylane, or Radiesse gradually resolve completely over time without collagen production.  Sculptra can be used practically anywhere in the face and results after three treatments can last up to two years, at which touch-up procedures can be done.  The other procedure that can give long lasting effects is fat harvest and injection to the face.  Since your own fat is used, the process is completely natural.  Also as you build up the fat, some of it develops a blood supply and give a long term result.

Web reference: http://www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra is the best collagen stimulating filler

+1

When it comes to stimulating collagen formation, Sculptra is certainly the most effective filler. This is why the results take weeks to appear. Combining Sculptra with fractionated lasers (nonablative or ablative) can result in amazing results, and in my experience, maximize collagen production. Sculptra does well in the jawline, and results can last for 2 years. That being said, touch ups may be needed along the way.

Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra for stimulating collagen

+1

The best fillers for promoting collagen production are Sculptra and Radiesse. When working with Sculptra, it is important to be aware of the following:

1) You will need multiple treatments. Each physician may have their own guidelines they follow with Sculptra where they obtain the best results.  In general, Sculptra provides the most benefits when injected over multiple treatments, and the treatment sessions are generally spaced four weeks apart. It really depends on the areas addressed, the amount of volume loss, and the patient's individual goals.

2) The results will last much longer. Sculptra has the longest lasting affect of any filler.

Sculptra can be used to enhance the jawline, and can also be used to restore volume in the following hollow areas:

1) Temples
2) Cheeks
3) Chin

Cost will depend on how much of the product is necessary to obtain your desired result, and how many treatments you have. From here, I would recommend a consult with a qualified physician, as he/she will be able to assess your needs. Thanks and good luck!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-fillers/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra to create collagen?

+1

Hi,

This is a very important question because it addresses the actual mechanics of Sculptra action.  Sculptra is poly lactic acid which in a thread form is used as suture material to close the deep part of a wound and stimulate collagen to form a permanent closure.  Sculptra is not an immediate filler and it is important to tell patients that it is a gradual filler with each treatment spaced 4-6 weeks apart to see how much collagen is stimulated with each treatment.  In terms of stimulating collagen, it is the ideal and best filler because that is exactly how it works.  As far as longevity, FDA approval is at least 25 months! This is as close as you can get to permanent without permanent filler side effects.

Warmly,

Dr. Liu

Web reference: http://www.newportcoastdermatology.com

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra stimulates collagen and can enhances structure of the jawline

+1

Sculptra is an ideal option for volume loss of the face. It's not a filler, however, but a stimulator. We place it by injection into areas of the face where the cells that make collagen are in most abundance. The presence of the Sculptra will stimulate those cells to make more collagen. It's a pretty nifty way to very naturally and gradually create volume, but also structure and tone. Collagen is the main structural protein of the face. Skillfully placed Sculptra does add structure to the jawline. The jawline can appear more sharp and less blunted from the enhancement of Sculptra.

We're lose more collagen than we make as we age, and the need to stimulate collagen is ongoing. I like to do a series of Sculptra sessions until a good endpoint is reached, then continue to stimulate with a little bit more Sculptra as maintenance every 6 months to a year, depending on each person's needs.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon