Will Stomach Virus Mean Postponing Surgery Date?

How Long Do I Need to Wait for Breast Augmentation After Having Stomach Virus? 5'2"; 122 lbs, 34a, goal 34c Silicone unders 400R/350L Overall great physical shape

Stomach virus and postponing breat augmentation surgery

+1

If you are vomiting or have significant diarrhea, I would postpone your breast augmentation for at least a week or two until you are better hydrated.  Call your plastic surgeon and let them know, they will understand and reschedule your surgery.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Illness and Elective Surgery

+1

It is best advised to be in optimal health for elective surgery.  Eventhough,  it is very dscouraging to postpone surgery during any illness.  It would be your best interest to recover from any illness prior to undergoing elective surgery because it could compromise your health and the outcome of the surgery..

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Have elective surgery when you feel healthy again.

+1

I recommend postponing your surgery until after your illness. It is important to be well hydrated and feeling well prior to undergoing a cosmetic procedure such as breast augmentation.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant surgery

+1

Perry, its better to postpone your surgery until you are healthy. There is no need to rush your elective surgery when you have infection in your body. As always, inform your board certified Plastic surgeon of your condition.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Surgery after a stomach virus

+1

You need to be back to your regular healthy self before surgery.  I can't imagine anything worse than worshipping at the white porcelain alter after surgery.  Also, it's not safe to have surgery if your hydration status or electrolyte status is questionable.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Don't go to surgery with the flu

+1

Always consult with your surgeon if you are feeling sick prior to surgery. If a patient has fever, vomiting, or possible dehydration, surgery should be cancelled.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Want ideal circumstances for elective breast augmentation surgery

+1

Breast augmentation surgery is elective so you want to have it performed when you don't have problems such as an infection/acute gastrointestinal issues. Therefore, wait until you are feeling normal again and eating well. It may be a week or more.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast Augmentation and Virus

+1

I would suggest at least 2 weeks following no symptoms of the virus.  In this type of procedure, you want to be at your very best around the time of surgery and completely healthy.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Breast contouring, #BreastAugmentation, #Breastlift, #mastopexy

+1

Dear Perry,

thank you for your question. It is most important that you are healthy for your surgery and that your immune system and digestive system are in top shape.  Please speak with your surgeon and postpone if necessary. There are many supplements that can help with your recovery, preparation and recovery from Surgery!

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Stomach virus and surgery

+1

You should be in good medical condition , well hydrated with no active disease processes if undergoing elective surgery to minimize complications.   You may want to consider rescheduling surgery until you are feeling better.

Stephen Delia, MD