Can my Breasts Grow After Augmentation?

One year ago, at 17, I had my breasts augmented from an A to a C cup. When speaking with mum (before the operation) she advised me that her breasts did not start significantly growing until she was around 18-19. I am not sure whether she told me this to persuade me to hold off on the surgery until I was a bit older, but it also makes me question whether my breasts are able to grow after my implants? I am 18 now, and have noticed they are fuller and softer since surgery - is this just natural?

Breasts growing after augmentation?

+2

Breast development may not end until you are 18-20 years old.  Your breast size can change well after that age, though. Weight fluctuations and pregnancy are the most common reasons for breast size changes over time.  Your augmentation will not affect breast growth.

Can my breasts grow after surgery?

+2

To answer your question, it really depends.  You can theoretically have additional growth in the size of your breasts for the next few years or...you could have no change at all.  Given your age, I would say that there is a likelihood that your cup size may change but there is no way to accurately predict that. 

This is why the option of breast enhancement is a difficult decision for patients in their teen years.  There are concerns both ways in that placement of implants may negatively impact your breast development (and ulltimately impede further breast development) as well as concerns that your long-term results may change drmatically if there is continued growth. 

That being said, there is really no way to tell you either way and only time will tell.  If your breasts do develop and you are concerned about your cup size being too large, there is always the option of downsizing the implants. 

I hope that helps!

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/breast/augmentation-denver-colorado/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and growth

+1

Your breasts may or may not grow beyond the age of 17. Even at an older age your breasts may change due to weight gain or pregnancy.

Breast growth after augmentation...

+1

Every woman is different in the aspect of breast growth; some young women begin at 11 years old, while others can begin in their late teens.  It's very possible for you to still experience growth at your age.  In my opinion, I would  have recommended you wait untill at least 18 years of age when your body is closer to its full developement. However, if you fear that they`ve grown too much with the addition of your implant you can always have your implant reduced or even removed.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Teenagers and breast implants. Better to try Victoria's Secret.

+1

With role models in the media looking buxom at 17, it's easy to think now is the time to get implants.  But I think not.  Noses, chins, ears (that stick out) are pretty much done forming and surgery is okay.  But implants at this age, when the breasts may change quite a bit in the next 4 years, is not advisable.  Try Victoria's Secret instead.  

Breast Growth after Breast Augmentation

+1

Breasts can grow up to age 21, during pregnancy or with weight gain. Age 17 is very early for augmentation and the FDA in the U.S.A. does not approve of augmentation until age 18 with saline implants, age 21 for gel implants.

Leo Lapuerta Jr. MD FACS

Triple Board Certified Plastic SUrgery